millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Doctor Who Thread of Space and Time: Discussing New Year's Special "Resolution"

From “Doctor Who” to “Doctor Where.”

1 Like

That’s a snappy finale title.

1 Like

I managed to get Rudi to watch Demons of the Punjab tonight in my attempt to get the family watching Dr Who back on the rails.

Fuck me try explaining that epsiode to a 4 year old :see_no_evil:. My fault clearly for getting him watching at this age.

Mixed bag of an epsiode, if it was 40 minutes it would have been great. There was a strong story in there but it was dragged out.
I found some of it very interesting and emotional.
But those moments were drips of quality in a pool of mediocrity.

I admire that they are looking to educate with this season, but they need to tighten up the drama if it is going to also entertain.

6 Likes

The next episode looks a lot more like good family fun so try and get them all back on the setee!!

3 Likes

My daughter was delighted to see Lee Mack in the trailer last week (having recently started watching a lot of Would I Lie To You?).

3 Likes

7 Likes

Well. That was shit.

2 Likes

I quite enjoyed it. Killer Amazon parcels and weaponised bubble-wrap feels like something from Moffat’s era.

2 Likes

Pay attention kids: Amazon is bad, mkay?

1 Like

Amazon was good! It was trying to stop the nasty human!

I mean, if it could send a cryptic message to the Doctor there’s no reason why it couldn’t send a clearer message to the human managers, but where would the show be then? An episode short, that’s where.

5 Likes

Yep, thought was ok. Again showing how different the show can be. My wife loved last week’s, whereas I was bored by it. This was nicely silly.

2 Likes

Why are there only 10 episodes this season?

Money.

3 Likes

As in they ran out?

1 Like

I liked lots of the little light moments this time. The robot recommending blood-pressure medication, the fez, the Toy Story 2/Monsters Inc conveyor-belt maze, stuff like that.

Also, I’m betting I’m not the only one who started doing this at a certain point in the episode.

tenor

5 Likes

This is interesting: confirmation that there won’t be a skip year next year, but also some (fairly flimsy) rumours about Chibnall and Whittaker both possibly leaving after their second year.

2 Likes

I hope that the story is half true. Chibnall’s ponderous pacing really does’t suit Who. I’d like to see Jodie Whittaker stay for a bit longer though.

2 Likes

I imagine whoever takes over will want to choose their own lead.

1 Like

I was watching that on the iplayer and was having streaming issues with the program bufferening every few minutes. Didn’t really effect the ponderous pace all that much.

I was only half paying attention to the actual episode. Why was Amazon killing people?

1 Like

Because they chose Netflix over Prime.

7 Likes