millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Diversity in Modern Society

2 Likes

They stipulated that I’d be playing my best tennis, but not what state she’s in. Giving birth? In a wheelchair? Asleep? I could easily score a point against her were she under any of those circumstances.

I understand the points about the importance of representation and whatnot, but I still agree with her. It’s still a business; Scarlett Johansson playing a trans man gets a film about a trans man greenlit. And probably gets more tickets sold than one starring an unknown trans man.

2 Likes

But also they didn’t stipulate where you were. What if you were on the moon and she had a spacesuit while you didn’t? Even playing your best tennis under those circumstances I think you’d struggle.

3 Likes

To go back to the original survey though, I don’t know that this is necessarily a sexism issue so much as it’s a stupidity one. It would be interesting to see whether the responses were similar if they named someone like Federer.

1 Like

True enough, there’s bound to be an element in there of people just overestimating their abilities, regardless of which sportsperson they picked.

I’ve sat in the crowd at enough football and rugby games where someone on the sideline is shouting for the manager to put him on as he can play better than that idiot who just made some cockup or other. Of course if they got on they’d end up looking like an idiot in the football game and in traction after the first tackle in the rugby one.

2 Likes

Well, you could use his new play style:

4 Likes

It’s a good reaction. Also, holy shit, I mean, this really is a situation with very specific circumstances:

My father was murdered outside his home by a trespasser who he confronted alone. For my child’s safety, my safety and that of the building, I felt it was necessary to get help in this situation. Furthermore, I’ve encountered trespassers in my building and we’ve been robbed several times. This is not uncommon in San Francisco and the bad actors are all different colors.

Yeah, I don’t think we can blame the guy for acting from a place of fear when it comes to trespassing.

As to the media concerned, CNN would do well to get those two guys together and talk to end this whole story on a positive note. It could be turned into a lesson on dialogue and understanding each other.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Scarlett Johannson can play the flower!

3 Likes

Except that he did exactly what he said got his father killed, he confronted a trespasser alone. If he was actually afraid the best thing to do would have been to take his son back to his apartment and call the police from there. Instead he put himself and his child in a situation that he believed might result in their harm or deaths.

2 Likes

Hey, there are some perfectably viable flowers out there.

2 Likes

This Christmas …

Coming to a theater near YOU!

Scarlett Johannson IS

Franklin Delano Roosevelt :The Motion Picture.

co-starring RuPaul as Harry Truman and Oprah Winfrey as Dwight David Eisenhower!

2 Likes

Sounds like someone from Disney had a few words with her…

4 Likes

In the future all parts in all movies will be played by ScarJo, like Eddy Murphy in the Nutty Professor.

4 Likes

That recent deepfake clip of Jim Carrey in the Shining makes name actors obsolete.

1 Like

Except Jim Carrey!

He’s maybe the most obsolete since there’s already so much visual material of his face in every possible extreme of any emotion, he’ll never work again.

If deep fake were to ever really replace actors theatre will have one hell of a revival.

Seeing actors perform live on stage, the scenes boosted by augmented reality glasses. How much are tickets for Hamilton? Triple it.

2 Likes

On the Johanssen thing, will the film go ahead without her in the lead role? If not, is that a win?