millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Diversity in Modern Society

Eh… he should identify as a rich dude… that should take care of his conquest issues… =P

So long as he’s 6ft tall.

That is part of the ageism dynamic though; older people have sex lives too.

Even the Guardian quotes him looking at wider issues;;

Ratelband said that due to having an official age that did not reflect his emotional state he was struggling to find both work and love. He has asked for his date of birth to be changed from 11 March 1949 to 11 March 1969.

“When I’m 69, I am limited. If I’m 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car,” he said. “I can take up more work. When I’m on Tinder and it says I’m 69, I don’t get an answer. When I’m 49, with the face I have, I will be in a luxurious position.”

I’m sure something got lost in translation there but it’s not just about getting laid. :smile:

This is brilliant news

https://www.gov.scot/news/lgbti-education/

https://www-m.cnn.com/2017/08/16/politics/blacks-white-racism-united-states-polls/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

"Meanwhile, six in 10 Americans (61%) said racism against blacks is widespread in the United States in a Gallup poll last August – up from just 51% at the beginning of President Barack Obama’s first term in 2009. But that includes a broad racial split: 82% of blacks vs. just 56% of whites.

And nonwhites take the topic a lot more seriously. A Quinnipiac University poll in March found 66% of nonwhites labeled prejudice a “very serious” problem, while only 39% of whites felt the same way. Meanwhile, one in four whites (25%) said it was not a serious problem and only one in 10 nonwhites (11%) felt the same way."

This article certainly has an opinion. It’s scarily correct.

Women can be narcissists, too.

The arrogance of dressing down an entire gender and race because some of them don’t hold the same political beliefs as you is hilarious, astounding and dumbfounding.

Yeah there is a perception that racism is rampant. Many people believe the US is a racist hellhole. I am not sure that is a fair way to gauge how racist people really are.

Most of the racism you see in the US is more covert than it used to be. It’s passive aggressive. It’s being fearful for your life. It’s black people looting after a flood and white people procuring supplies. It’s recognizing the superiority of Western Civilization. It’s the same racism that we had fifty years ago, but avoids overt racist terminology and uses justifications that avoid racial trappings.

On the one hand, that sadly makes sense as the potential employer or suitor would be calculating how many years they’d have left with him. On the other hand, many people do die young anyway.

I have thought for a while though that the natural extension of broadening what people can identify as will finally make hairpieces socially acceptable again - I want to identify as non-bald.

What about KoRn?

Instead there are phrases like “we wuz kangs an shit” or “dindu nuffin”.

Thinking Western civilization is racist now? Shit, I’ve become a racist.

On the trans-age guy:

Have you considered engaging with the point honestly?

How so? I don’t think it is racist to think Western civilization is superior. Although I can see it is a contentious point, the West is responsible for a lot of bad things too, and it’s difficult to compare cultural values.

Some things get called racist that aren’t, to demonize others, I think for some that is part of a tactic to smear people that don’t agree with your own radical point of view. When the big R is brought into the debate the opponent is immediately on the defense. It’s part of the dangerous polarization of society.

No, racism is part of the dangerous polarization of society.

The term “Western Civilization” (and its variants) gets tnrown around a lot by people want to disguise their true intents. It’s become a bit of a dog whistle.

Not every use or defense of “Western Civilization” is racist; you have to judge it in the context it is being used. It tends to get tossed around a lot by racists and xenophobes to disguise their intent. If the speaker vigorously defends “Western Civilization” while giving the impression that he or she doesn’t like minorities, it’s not difficult to see what the intent is.

Nah Korn are genuinely good. As are some other “nu metal” bands… but yeah… LB & Papa Roach kinda killed it dead :smile:

Oh, I’ve got some bad news for you then.