millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Digital Comics

More details on the new series:

Savage Game
Created by Ryan Kalil, written by Shawn Kittelsen, with art by Chris B. Murray

From NFL player Ryan Kalil and his company Strange Turn comes an original 60-page sci-fi graphic novel that is high tech version of The Island of Dr. Moreau. What happens when a rogue titan of Silicon Valley creates his own island nation with no laws to hold him back? You get the Savage Game, where audiences watch genetically modified hybrid creatures fight to the death in a fantastic gladiator-style battle. But Conner Bowen isn’t having it. He’s on a quest to stop his mad father and the Savage Game. But is it too late?

Original 60pg Graphic Novel – $4.99 on Kindle and comiXology

Free to read for members of Amazon Prime, Kindle Unlimited and comiXology Unlimited

Available in print for $6.99 as a Print-on-Demand graphic novel exclusively on Amazon.com

Superfreaks
Written by Elsa Charretier and Pierrick Colinet with art by Margaux Saltel

An all-new 5-issue superhero mystery debuting digitally in its entirety – a thrilling story perfect for binge reading - with art by rising star Margaux Saltel. All the world’s superheroes have disappeared overnight, and it’s up to their untrained, largely overlooked teenage sidekicks to find out what happened – while dealing with the biggest crisis Earth has ever known – much to the public’s displeasure. Can they save the day?

5-issue series – all issues available to binge read now

Issue are $2.99 each on Kindle and comiXology

Free to read for members of Amazon Prime, Kindle Unlimited and comiXology Unlimited

Elephantmen 2261: The Death of Shorty
Written by Richard Starkings with art by Axel Medellin and Boo Cook

The iconic Elephantmen debuts asacomiXology Originals title with issue 1 of Elephantmen 2261: The Death of Shorty, a 5-issue monthly mini-series. Described by J.J. Abrams as “An Awesome and Unexpected Story. You Must Check it out!” and lauded by Andy Serkis as “Bold, mythic and heartbreakingly cool, Starkings’ universe is a breed apart!”, Elephantmen 2261: The Death of Shorty, is the next adventure of the pulp science fiction series Elephantmen, which debuted nearly 15 years and 80 issues ago from Image Comics. This all-new story is a whodunit that draws our heroes, Hip Flask and Jack Farrell, into the curious death of an Elephantman known to his friends as “Shorty”.

5-issue miniseries – issues will be available monthly – $2.99 per issue on Kindle and comiXology

Print edition will be available via Print-on-Demand exclusively on Amazon.com

Ask For Mercy
Written by Richard Starkings with art by Abigail Jill Harding

An action-packed and artistically stunning dark fantasy story from Elephantmen creator, Richard Starkings and breakout talent, Abigail Jill Harding. Ask For Mercy is a World War II fantasy horror story in the tradition of John Carpenter’s The Thing and Sandman. Mercy is snatched from her own place and time to join a team of Monster Hunters who are actually Monsters themselves, and together they have to take on a Pantheon of Hideous Creatures summoned to our world by Nazi evil!

6-issue series – issues will be available every 6 weeks – $2.99 per issue on Kindle and comiXology

Print collected edition will be available via Print-on-Demand on Amazon.com

The announcement is a little underwhelming isn’t it?

Yes. From all the hype I was expecting much more. The print-on-demand thing is quite interesting (although limited to the US for the moment) but the rest is just a trumped-up announcement of some new titles to expand their line-up of original content.

I think they set expectations too high on this one.

I was listening to this week’s James Bonding podcast, and their guest was Dani Snow, Community Manager for DC. She was talking briefly at the end about the upcoming DC Universe service, and mentioned that in addition to the TV series and movies, there would be “a lot of comics on there.”

I don’t think this has been announced, but I guess the service could also involve some DC version of Marvel Unlimited?

About f**king time!!

I think it’s a canny idea. I’ll be honest it doesn’t work for me directly as a concept, I have no interest in the DC TV shows and cartoons. Looking beyond self interest though DC have been running their digital first stuff for 7 years now, it must be working and it is all about synergy between the ‘other media’ and the comics (every property pretty much is based off a game or TV show or cartoon or toy line),

I don’t know how well as a lot of this stuff is secret but I do know the Injustice Comic (which is likely around 200 issues long now) appears all the time in their top 10 lists.

So tying it all together for one fee could work great in selling all aspects. Even for me it depends on the fee. I pay around $7 for Netflix, I pay around $6 for Marvel Unlimited, if the combined DC package with TV and comics is around the same I’m in.

I’m pretty sure it’ll be US-only. If you try to sign up for updates on it, this message is below the submit button:

By submitting my email address and clicking SUBMIT, I certify that I am a resident of the United States, and I acknowledge and agree that my information will be used in accordance with Warner Bros.’ Privacy Policy.

They’ll probably try to sell the original shows to other networks internationally, like Hulu do.

Yeah that’s the tricky thing when you loop in TV. There are laws in many countries that you have to open tender TV rights which scuppers the international thing. With a few very tiny exceptions Comixology offers the same comics from Albania to Zimbabwe but in TV streaming you get quite a lot of variation.

So I get Star Trek Discovery and The Expanse on Netflix but nobody in the US does. The BBC channel here can’t show Top Gear even though the BBC own and make it because they got outbid by a local channel.

New Humble Bundle contains Battle Angel Alita, Ghost in the Shell, and other stuff. But like that’s two of the best 90s cyberpunk manga right there, so who are you to resist?

For anyone who’s been thinking about getting into Black Hammer and its assorted minis, every issue is on sale at Comixology for 69p at the moment, and Dark Horse are running a 50%-off sale with code DH50. So you can get every issue for 35p each, which is an absolute bargain.

Black Hammer isn’t bad. A great buy at that price.

ComiXology is currently doing a DC Volume 1 Sale that includes Green Lantern: Earth One Vol. 1 (and several other trades) for $4.99.

Ironically I’ve just spotted this literally seconds after posting the same thing in the other thread - couldn’t see this thread lol

Anyway, yeah, great sale, loads of fab stuff and bargains to be had

Any recommendations from the Jodorowsky sale?

(@BenObiwomble?)

All of the Metabaron material is consistently excellent - though only go for it with a decent-sized tablet, as the art is superb.

For an utterly brutal but brilliant western, Bouncer is hard to beat.

Few of these stories are done in one, so if you buy just the first album, you probably won’t have the entirety of it.

In that link, why are all the words in English but all the prices in funny L dollars? :wink:

I didn’t like it as much as the original series but Final Incal is pretty good. The Metabarons series is good but can be gratuitous in places. I think Jodorowsky used a lot of his ideas from Dune here. I’ve really enjoyed the new The Metabaron (no s) books. They can be a bit graphic too though.

To be honest the way things are going they’ll both be worth the same soon. :slight_smile:

Heh. For all that’s true, this is the comics’ equivalent of saying Tarantino is too sweary and violent. :wink:

I don’t like to overstate things but didn’t want him to mistakenly read them as bedtime stories to his kids. :wink:

Ha, I’ve dipped into some of this stuff before so I know what to expect.

I’ll stick to reading them Crossed at bedtimes.