millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Digital Comics

The follow up volumes are awesome too. Duane Swierczynski and Travel Foreman did a great job continuing the series after Fraction left. I strongly recommend picking those two volumes up as well, if you haven’t already done so.

Funnily enough, Fraction’s Defenders run also picks up from the end of Immortal Iron Fist too. That’s not so great though, unless you like Fraction’s crazier, more out there stories.

It’s a continuous storyline, but it’s broken up well enough that you can read a trade at a time and when each new one comes out I just quickly skim the previous to refresh my memory before reading on.

On the subject of Image I could be here listing books all night, they produce so much good stuff but my favourites are Revival, Postal, Southern Bastards, Deadly Class, Nailbiter, Outcast…but that’s just off the top of my head, although Revival usually springs to mind right away.
I could list a dozen others easily.
3 of the books above are horror so many not be everyone’s cup of tea.

Anything by Hawkins is worth a try: Think Tank, The Tithe, Postal, Wildfire.

I love Casanova. If it gets even 20% as crazy as that then it must be worth trying.

Casanova is beyond awesome. Defenders isn’t that good. 20%? Maybe.

Re: Image. I should probably have been a bit more specific. My bad. I already read a load of their stuff. I was just wanting to try some of the newer titles that I may have overlooked recently - books with maybe only 1 or 2 trades out at the moment.

Agree with @DaveWallace, that Iron Fist run is outstanding

The Tithe - only 2 volumes out. :slight_smile:

I also enjoyed Monstress.

For only one or two trades or newer stuff id recommend

Southern Cross (brilliant spaceship based mystery and utterly amazing art)

The Fix (hilarious bent cop shenanigans and some of the best dialogue I’ve read in a comic)

Ringside (a pulpy noire type book set in the wrestling world with some likeable characters and a good first volume)

Symmetry (Matt Hawkins latest and vol 1 out so far)

So I picked up the following for approx. £33:

Injection (vol 1 & 2)
Outcast (vol 2 & 3)
Invisible Republic
Cry Havoc
Starve
Monstress
Paper Girls
Black Magick

Not bad for 10 trades, have fun reading.

Btw, I picked up all four trades of The Woods, and the individual issues of Memetic and Cognetic too. The 50% off deal was too good to pass up.

My frankly ridiculous “too read” pile has increased way too much this weekend:flushed:

Haha
I know that feeling
It’s good and anxiety inducing at the same time

I hope you enjoy the Tynion books. Be interested to hear how you get on with them as I don’t know many others who read them.

I promised myself I wouldn’t do this, but between the Transformers Humble Bundle and the Comixology IDW 50% off code word sale I just picked up 9 trades of RiD, 9 of MTMTE, Dark Cybertron and Combiner Wars (plus a shed load of other stuff I don’t want to read). For £30!

“It is useless to resist.”

I’m glad that I’m not the only person who does this.
But lately, I can’t even find the time to read the stuff that I actually want to. Go figure.

All three volumes of Superior Foes of Spider-Man are down to £2.49 on Comixology so I’ve decided to have a punt at them.

It lives up to its rep.

Even if it doesn’t for you, at that price, you can’t complain!

ComiXology and Humanoids are currently having a Jodoverse sale. I generally prefer Humanoid books in hardcover but I’m picking up After the Incal as I only ever saw it available in a version that was out of my price range and Weapons of the Metabaron as my oversized copy is in French.

The two new Metabaron books are also now available on Comixology.

A reprint of Weapons of the Metabaron is due December.

(The two new albums are in printed form as the volume I recently reviewed over in the Trades Thread.)