millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Did Mark post his thoughts on Endgame?

If he did I didn’t read it. What’s happened to Marks deal with Fox following the Disney purchase?

I’m pretty sure his Fox consultancy role ended a long while back, he works full time for Netflix now.

His thoughts can generally be found on Twitter nowadays.

You may not be too excited by this:

3 Likes

He hasn’t seen it yet. Read into that what you will.

2 Likes

I read into it - surprise. I know he has a passion for this stuff as such I assumed he’d carve out time to see it, especially as the MCU is largely based on his initial ideas.

Was he credited on Endgame?

Unless this is a partial list, he was not.

Obviously they can’t mention everyone who worked on the comics but it seems like an egregious omission, particularly if you’re mentioning someone like Bendis or John Byrne, who did a lot of Marvel work but have only a tenuous connection to this film.

1 Like

He doesn’t care about being credited.

1 Like

It’s a strange list anyhow.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I saw his name. But could be mistaken

1 Like

Wow. Are you fucking kidding me? That list and no Millar? Kevin Feige should be writing him love notes every week with checks stuffed in them. Not even a general credit when there are direct lifts wreaks of willful omission.

Edit: IMDb has him and Hitch in the special thanks list for Endgame.

1 Like

Probably for Ronin?

1 Like

That’s good to hear, I thought that list was thin.

1 Like

It looks like the list in the article you posted is for Infinity War too.

I honestly think a lot of creators bristle at these “Special Thanks” lists when they would prefer some inclusion from their creations. Mark has built his own thing that is working for him but a lot of these guys aren’t in great shape.

Here you go @Highway1971. The thoughts from the last man in Britain to see Avengers Endgame.

5 Likes

Personally I was hoping Cap would say “Do you think this A stands for France?” But “Assemble” was OK.

3 Likes

France Disney 4/24/19 $24,971,474 43.8% $57,034,317 5/26/19

Disney would never risk losing that revenue over a line. :smile:

1 Like

The A stands for Disney. :pensive:

3 Likes

I’m glad he liked it. I’m looking forward to seeing it at home on crackle free dvd as soon as it’s released.

Maybe it stands for ‘All your money belongs to us’.

For those interested, Mark sent me an email and he really loved it. He thinks it might be Marvels best movie (that’s not Guardians or Ragnarok).

5 Likes

OH MY GOSH!!!

Jim spelled Ragnarok correctly!!

4 Likes

Honestly I felt bad about it. Anders shamed me into trying a wee bit harder.

2 Likes