millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Deadpool 2 (SPOILERS)

Makes me wish I had a photosynthesis memory.

And now I get to play this to death and piss off the better half

I’m just remembering those Black Tom/Cable’s a racist jokes. They were so ridiculously funny.

The short legs scene had pretty much everyone in the cinema in tears.

That’s a really interesting version of the song too.

My wife found it hilarious that they’d bring on guest female singers and Morten would be going higher than them on the song they did together.

I would say this movie was not for me, although I did like bits of it, including the post credit scene and the way they turned the X-Force setup on its head.

Yeah, I loved that at the end.
It really paves the way for more of an “Uncanny X-Force” take.

I enjoyed this rather a lot. I liked the original, but I really was taken with this one for a lot of reasons.

Off topic: I can not belive that he can still hit those notes.

I loved that too, though MacGruber did the same gag, pretty much:

They’ve even done basically the same thing with the X-Force brand before, but still, it was pretty good.

I saw it the other night with Christel and we loved it. We laughed out loud so much. I would put this movie a hair above the first one. I was worried they wouldn’t stick the landing but they did. I had a lot of fun with this movie.

The line that really got me was DP referring to the artist who can’t draw feet.

What got me is the kid, honestly.

I love how the movie ended up being a very warped version of the Kid Apocalypse storyline and Fire Fist was such a good way of bringing that about.

Loved it, we all laughed our asses off through the whole thing. Of course I saw this on the heels of Justice League so the bar wasn’t that high. Definitely going on the shelf with the first one. :+1:

It’s a fun movie. The first movie was kind of a breath of fresh air while this is just more of the same. That’ll probably hold it back from being the same kind of mega hit the first one was, but that’s okay. Obviously it’s not for everyone, but I feel like the majority of people who likes the first one will enjoy this one a lot too.

The post credits scene was great and the opening credit was a nice Bond spoof.

Julian Dennison was great in the role of Russell. He was serious and funny and believable doing both.

I rather enjoyed that. Maybe not quite as fun as it could have been and leaned a tad too heavily on the emotional stuff, but it mostly worked. I liked that it did Suicide Squad’s red shirt bit better than Suicide Squad (not hard). I was expecting Zeitgeist to die, but not the others.

Brolin was good as Cable, but I was really expecting them to reveal he was Wade’s son at the end.

Really enjoyable. Though to be honest I found it “clever” rather than “funny”. I didn’t laugh out loud much, but I did find myself nodding along to all the meta-commentary on what’s gone wrong with comics :wink:

For that reason, Shatterstar was the best part of it :smiley:

Time to once more deploy this oh-so-fitting GIF:

This was superb. 2016 was the year where I saw a group of Y-Wings take out the electrical systems of an entire Star Destroyer via a massed ion torpedo attack. I knew I’d wanted to see that sequence done on the big screen for over 20 years. 2018 is the year where I got the Cable movie that I had no idea how much I wanted!

There was so, so much to like from the ‘Fuck Wolverine’ start, the bond pisstake credits combined with a knowing awareness that they’d just fridged Deadpool’s girlfriend in a film in 2018, the entire soundtrack, the way Cable was done, Colossus, the ‘fire in the hole’ defeat of Juggernaut, the use of ‘Take on Me’, the way X-Force got quite literally shredded, Domino, the post-credits sequence to end them all It was all so damn good.

It also brought home to me that, while like Marvel Studios, Fox are taking from the comics, they’re not doing the sort of adaptations their competitor is doing. They’re now doing something far riskier and more interesting.

Cable… What can I say? This was one hell of a take and if Marvel want to take a nod for the character’s comic appearance from here - it wouldn’t be a bad idea. The biggest success? That they embraced the essence of the character and recognised that that means getting a big gun. The trailers were restrained in this respect, it looked like Cable was simply packing heavy but conventional weaponry. In the film? Oh no, it was an absolute beast that Deadpool really wanted! Nor did they make the mistake of simply giving Cable the gun, they included the telekinetic ability too. Best though was the fact that, in just about every engagement, while he of course didn’t get to win out-right, Cable was out-classing his opposition every damn time. Watching him tear through a load of prison guards that had been shown to be total scumbags was very satisfying.

But even this, brilliant as it was, isn’t what really makes the film work. No, that is its knowledge that being a mad, insane, balls-to-the-wall comedy is not enough. No, this film has its serious moments and it treats them seriously. It’s emotional aspects pack every much of a punch as the others and the film knows when to switch its hats around. It’s why you care about the characters, why you buy the Cable-Wade conflict, why you feel for them. The combination of these makes for a far, far greater movie.

So, in short? See that GIF at the start? Yeah, that.