millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Television Thread

Scalped could potentially make for a great TV show, but I woudn’t trust Geoff Johns to get this kind of show made. It needs a producer with the right sensibilities; if they get the right guy for that, they might have something.

…is she X-raying me?

You wish.

queue starts behind me

I honestly doubt Johns would be so hands on with it.

Besides, Scalped was announced like 3 years ago.
It’s not a priority.

Yeah, I don’t think he’d be either. What I meant was more that as long as there’s nobody behind this who is good at making this kind of show and has some passion for the project it’ll stay low priority.

It may not be a priority for Johns, but Doug Jung is the show runner and WGN committed the money for the pilot, so here’s hoping they get a show the rest of will be happy with.

Ah, I thought Jung had just written the script, I wasn’t aware he was showrunner. Well, I haven’t seen Dark Blue but it seems like that wasn’t exactly a huge success. But it’s encouraging that he’s written for Basnhee - that show certainly had a similar tone to what Scalped needs.

Well there’s no show runner until there’s a show to run, this the pilot, but Jung is in first place to take on the role.

American TV networks change personnel the way other people change their socks, so let’s see how many of those involved in the pilot are still around when/if the series airs?

Yeah.

Speaking of Banshee, it seems like Alan Ball is doing another show more in the vein of Six Feet Under. Which is a bit of a shame, because I liked how all out he went on the genre TV shows.

Which show are you talking about? The spooky 'Sixth Sense; sort of of one?

Yeah, though the bits I read on it didn’t put an emphasis on that part but rather on the setting:

Written by Ball, the yet-untitled series is described as a tragicomic meditation on the complicated forces at work on us all in America today. It focuses on a contemporary multi-racial family. Philosophy professor Greg Bishop and his lawyer wife Audrey Black (Hunter) are socially conscious idealists who decided to build a family by adopting children from Vietnam, Somali and Colombia before having their own child in their 40s. This seemingly perfect, progressive family is in actuality harboring deep rifts. Then, one of the children begins to see things others cannot. Is it mental illness? Or something else?

I’m still so disappointed that HBO never picked up his Mystic Arts show, I love that book so much and Ball was a perfect choice to adapt. Hopefully some day the pilot will leak online.

I think we already decided it has to Billy Zane because he’s bald.

Michael Rosenbaum or whatever’s his name… just to blow people’s minds =P

After the…blandness they got for Lionel I hope not/

The latest Flash episode was great. Probably the best thing without Supergirl in it to be on TV all week. Barry got to do a cool thing with a train, Wally wasn’t lame, all the supporting cast were good and none of the sub-plots were annoying, not even the daughter-of-Joe’s-love-interest thing. And a cliffhanger with Jesse Quick and Gorilla City? Honestly, does TV ever get this good (unless it’s got Supergirl in it)?