millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Television Thread

With LEGION, UMBRELLA ACADEMY and DOOM PATROL, Weird Fiction heroes are back and really weird. I think we need a BPRD series.

Is there any talk of DC doing a L.E.G.I.O.N. Series? With Lobo showing up, it seems like a natural direction to go.

Yes, please.

I always liked GDT’s description of Hellboy, “It’s like The X-Files being investigated by an X-File.”

As a fan of the comic I’d prefer they stick to its tone, but the options are wide open, as always.

So good

Like the approach they’re taking with Elasti-Woman. Of the original Doom Patrol, she seemed the least freakish in the comics.

Waiting to get a couple episodes in, then bingeing on the free week. Will that make me buy in? Stay tuned.

(But, c’mon. Brandon Fraser and Tim Dalton? Worth a look at the very least.)

Well, Doom Patrol was great.

Yeah it was pretty great all in all, barring some shody FX here and there, but it was very well crafted and acted and written… Also: BOOBS!!! Was that so hard?? :smile:

Thank god for this new Chief though, because the one in Titans was REALLY horrible. At any rate, it’s off to a great start, they really made you care for the characters in this first episode, specially Robot Man, but they gave everyone enough meat to get things rolling.

Oh, and again, don’t wanna sound like a perv (which I am, but that’s besides the point) but: Boobs!!! I’m so glad they’re taking that step in a SH show, it might be the first one actually… I really wish they would’ve gone for it in Titans as well, seeing as how these two shows are skewing a bit more into the mature side of things.

Anyways, great start, let’s hope it stays this good.

Don’t know what to make of Doom Patrol at all. It was very dour and I just didn’t enjoy it that much. I mean the Morrison run is one of my favourites of all time so I’ll give it another try but yea, I’m a bit disappointed.
I did love that they even kept the picture Jane was painting the same as the one in the comic, in the “come out of the rain” scene.

Well if clone Superboy is coming then Lex may be a pivotal part of things.

Hmm.

Now, when I googled, the wee box that popped up said:

Alexander Joseph “Lex” Luthor is a fictional supervillain appearing in publications by the publisher DC Comics. The character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Lex Luthor first appeared in Action Comics #23 and has since endured as the archenemy of Superman. Wikipedia

Jesse-Luthor in BvS outed Kal-El as “Clark Joseph Kent”. Can that angst-y moment where they both yell “Joseph!!!” be far behind?