millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Television Thread

I’m shocked, SHOCKED, that the answer is not enough people watched it. Who ever heard of canceling a show for such a reason?

I don’t believe it myself, I’m calling a conspiracy!

You call everything a conspiracy.

I wonder if college students had watched this instead of comedians performing on their campus if it would have done better.

It does explain quite a bit about the apparent stupidity of US TV renewal processes to an outside view:

“We had a great time working with that cast and the executive producers of the show. It worked well for us,” Walden said Thursday at the Television Critics Association Summer press tour. “[But] as we were going into this season, we looked at the size of the audience, which was starting to get pretty narrow. We just made a determination that given … it was owned by an outside studio, at the time we couldn’t justify the economics. It was not an inexpensive show, and we just made a decision that ultimately it wasn’t performing to a broad enough audience in a way that worked for us.”

The bit about it being owned by an outside studio - so does that mean Fox doesn’t get a cut of the DVD / streaming profits? Because if it doesn’t then it has no incentive to say, notify them early that there will not be a renewal, which in turn allows a conclusion instead of the bloody stupid cliffhanger gamble they did.

What Teen Titans GO! should have been:

Honestly I’m not seeing much difference between it and the actual Teen Titans GO!, other than the weirdly shrunken bodies and oversized heads I mean.

Yeah, seems more or less the same

Still using “titular”, are we?

I’ve only see her in John Wick 2, and one of the Resident Evil Movies. I thought she was pretty bad in both.

Yeah she’s been pretty terrible in everything I’ve seen her in.

It’s not like CW shows are known hiring the best actors for their leads, so no real surprise here. This is a case where they seemed more interested in casting an openly gay woman than anything else.

Yeah, I mean she’s openly gay and hot… that’s about all the CW should be interested in… though to be fair, she was decent in Orange is the New Black, but sure, she’s not super great as an actress, then again neither is anyone else in those shows (except Tom Cavanagh). She’s more like Amell… great at stunt/physical work… but eh, I’m sure she’ll do fine.