millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Television Thread

Been expecting this one - with glee! DC is busy generating content for their streaming service. Now, I caught all the original DP, but don’t remember the - what? - '90’s run? Morrison and somebody?

The cast from Titans:

Bruno Bichir as Niles Caulder / Chief

April Bowlby as Rita Farr / Elasti-Girl

Jake Michaels as Clifford Steele / Robotman

Dwain Murphy as Larry Trainor / Negative Man

That might actually boost ratings.

A prequel to the prequel?

Sort of but not really:

The series is not a Gotham spinoff but rather an entirely new story exploring Alfred’s origins as a former British SAS soldier who forms a secret company and goes to work with Thomas Wayne — Bruce’s billionaire father — in 1960s London.

There’s literally a joke about this in the Teen Titans Go trailer.

If it was a self contained miniseries about him becoming jaded and leaving that life I’d be all for it.
But…the continuing adventures of him living that life just sounds boring.

Alfred Pennyworth is like the DCU version of Mephisto. Always there, always influences Batman (who influences everybody else). Can do anything, build Bat-planes, fancy armor, program computers, bake a souffle. His age … changes. As does height, skills sets, and visual acuity. Apparently has a whole lot of spare time to do a lot of shopping, sewing, armoring, weapons checks, arming of various vehicles, hellacious amounts of vacuuming - and Bruce still makes the old dude go split some firewood before he has his coffee!

Something’s tricky here!

Really looking at Alfred, he is a horrible character.

Instead of getting Bruce therapy and moving him to a healthier environment, he pretty much tells Bruce, “Yeah, wearing a gimp suit and punching crazy people is okay.”

Children’s Protective Services should have taken Bruce away from Alfred.

Except in no version of Batman’s origin that I know of does Bruce Wayne commit to becoming a vigilante when he’s a kid.

In all versions that matter.

You do NOT diss “Chill of the Night”!

Elseworlds prequel.

I know there are supposed to be 52 Earths and an Earth-X; but, dang. The most recent Batwoman should be from Earth-69.