millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Television Thread

This is exactly the problem I had with it. Defense had so much evidence going for them: Barry being at Joe’s at the time DeVoe was presumably murdered (which can be corroborated), the call he received from his building’s security indicating a break-in at his loft. Also, DeVoe was wheelchair bound. Where was his wheelchair? Also, the time of death and the knife wounds should have been the biggest incongruity.

None of this was brought up!

Was this so Barry could argue inadequate representation as grounds for an appeal?

Maybe! But I guess we’ll just have to keep watching…

I enjoyed the hell out of Black Lightning. It did not feel like a DC Universe show though. I felt a distinct Wildstorm vibe. The level of rot and compromise in its society; the sacrifices to “do the right thing” in a place where those “right things” come at significant personal prices.

This wasn’t a world where the bad guys are hidden from the good guys. It’s all in plain sight. They have to interact. Vigilantism comes into play only when the usual ways of “keeping the balance” (I won’t call it “keep in the peace”) disintegrate.

So far, it’s not the expected. I think when Thunder shows up (not a spoiler, she’s in costume in the promotional materials), she’s going to be the conventional hero archetype.

And since “…my daughters Thunder and Lightning…” is in the first sentence of the voiceover narration, Hank, I do believe you’re in the clear here!

From EW’s Spoiler Room:

Any word on when Kara will find out about Sam being Reign on Supergirl? — Margaret
Considering Sam turns to Alex with her concerns over losing big chunks of time in an upcoming episode, I feel like we’re closer than ever to that reveal. “It does seem like it’s only a matter of time,” Melissa Benoist says. “What I think is the most important is how Sam is going to react, because obviously she has no awareness of what’s happening right now. The entire arc of the season is this identity crisis for every character, so if Kara finds out about Sam, if and when, it’s definitely going to be a part of that journey.” The question remains whether Kara will actually be there to support Sam through this twist. “That would be difficult,” Benoist says, “but knowing Supergirl, and how she tends to deal with situations, and how she thinks everyone deserves a second chance, and that you can change and be a better person and a hero, I think she’ll try to help her.”

I’m officially obsessed with Black Lightning! Scoop? — Samuel
While Jefferson Pierce is now dealing with an influx of violence in Freeland, he’ll soon have to contend with a new drug that hits the streets. “We’re introducing a new drug into the community called Green Light in later episodes,” EP Salim Akil says. “It will be the crux of the season in terms of how drugs enter a community, how a community is exploited, and Black Lightning sort of working himself up the food chain of discovering where it comes from and who put it there.”

Does it sound like Black Lightning want to … tell stories?

And in “nothing we didn’t already know” news:

Watch. My. Jaw. Drop.

Were I young again, I might seek the job of psychiatric counselor to comic book staffs (and publishers and management, I was an equal-opportunity therapist-nurse-type person). “Bad blood”.

Maybe I should just run groups. More efficient.

I’ve always had a soft spot for Tony Isabella, one of the unsung comic book writers from the 70s and seemingly one of the nicest guys in the business. I hope he’s benefiting financially from the new Black Lightning series.

IMDb has Tony credited as a writer, so yeah, that rings the cash register!

I can see WB doing CoIE in a few years as a way to reboot their movies.

‘Black Lightning’ Episode 3 Photos: Anissa Embraces Her Powers

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/black-lightning/black-lightning-episode-3-phot-67397.aspx

Black Lightning is on Netflix from today, for those outside the US.