millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Comics - The Rebirth is Here

I think people aren’t taking my legitimate criticism seriously :cry:

Sometimes I think you’re not even a genre fan at all, Lorcan :confused:

That animated GIF is from the lyrics to an SF TV show!

Also, I have strong feelings on the correct pronunciation of GIF

Then the gif captioner wasn’t must of a fan :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s just a show, I should really just relax

That’s the second last line in the song!

No, no, the second from last line is:

It’s just a show, I should really just relax

The caption is clearly incorrect.

No, it’s the last line in the GIF, but the second last line in the actual song/

Soft “g”, right?

G stands for graphics, not jraphics.

Damn right.

Are you willing to bet Daniel’s life on that?

Unfortunately the answer is yes.

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

Woah, he really looks like Darkseid’s kid in that pic.

Got to love the enthusiasm DC have for Dark Matter, and the initial creative teams are really something, but I feel kinda disappointed about this initiative. Taking your MVPs and sticking them on a bunch of new characters seems like a good way of generating interest in the new, shiny thing, but it does mean they aren’t working on your core titles anymore. And that’s arguably a big part of your current success. I hope they’re not shooting themselves in the foot here.

Well, I think it’s a better initiative than taking a character and sticking some random who doesn’t have the skills or the temperament to make it work. Ala America.
I think the bigger name titles will be weather it, but if they want to this experiment, it’s the best way to do it.

I’m excited about Challengers of the Unknown and Didio on a teen superhero book. I see that the teen is Puerto Rican, hopefully they play with that in a good way.

My point was, poorly phrased though it may have been, is I worry that Dark Matter may be a success at the expense of the core DCU ongoing titles. Taking away energy from the Rebirth in a way that Young Animal or Wildstorm didn’t, because those were clearly aimed at a different audience. I hope I’m worrying for nothing.