millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Comics - The Rebirth is Here

BraveStarr?
http://www.dubbednetwork.net/static/bravestarr.jpg

Huh, the DCU going through some kind of dark patch?

It’s different but I’ll give it a shot.

If BS is indeed Bravestarr and I call BS… Will he come?

If so, BS is most definitely Bravestarr!!

Unless he’s actually just answering the Bat-Signal.

What if he’s in the Beijing Subway?

Hey! Where can I get more info about the 10 year removal of time aspect of the New 52/Rebirth? Do you know what issue(s) revealed that that is what happened? Thanks!

It’s in the Rebirth special that kicked everything off.

Cool - thank you!

So there aren’t a lot of images with this month’s solicitations for some reason.

Solicitations for June 2017 (w/Previews Text)

THE ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY VOL. 1 HC
Written by WARREN ELLIS • Art by BRYAN HITCH, PAUL NEARY, PHIL JIMENEZ, ANDY LANNING and others • Cover by BRYAN HITCH and PAUL NEARY
In these widescreen adventures from writer Warren Ellis and artist Bryan Hitch, the Authority battles a nation of super-powered terrorists, stops an invasion from a parallel world and much more! Collects THE AUTHORITY #1-12, PLANETARY/THE AUTHORITY #1 and more, including a brand-new story by Warren Ellis, Bryan Hitch and Paul Neary!

Oh you bastards.

I didn’t catch that. That might tempt me.

Alright, line up everybody.

For Ronnie

Todd

Bernadette

Tim

I’m already wearing mine, obviously…

Destro?

esoy… dont-o know-o ?

its a bummer to see The Flintstones cancelled at issue 12. It was great while it lasted.

Something weird with the solicitation of JL by Giffen/DeMatteis Omnibus.
They state its 1080 pages and includes more than 70 comics. In those days 70 comics would have at least 22 pages of story each, which would give more than 1500 pages of content.
Either the number of pages or the issues solicited is wrong…

DC’s initial solicits often have these kinds of problems, unfortunately. Often you have to wait until the book is actually published to find out exactly what’s in it.

I’m wondering if this new story could be anything to do with the Hitch-drawn “widescreen” special that was planned for after Millar’s run, but ended up being pulled in the wake of 9/11?

More info here.

[quote]The Authority: Widescreen
The Authority: Widescreen, a special featuring various stories. Its main story and primary selling point was the return of artist Bryan Hitch, who had illustrated the title’s first year under writer Warren Ellis, to the characters. His story, however, featured urban carnage in New York City, including people being pulled out from under wrecked buildings. It was thus quickly cancelled in the wake of the 11 September attacks.

Reports vary as to how much of the contents for Widescreen were complete at the time of its cancellation, although it doesn’t seem to have been a lot. The special’s cover, however, had already been revealed.[/quote]

I look into a similar book at Book Depository. Justice League International Omnibus. It has less issues: JLA ends on #30 and JLE on #6, and only 3 annuals. Looks closer to the 1000 pages they are soliciting