millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Comics - The Rebirth is Here

This weeks Superman Reborn seems to be going the way most people though it would.

Looking forward to seeing how they wrap this up next week. It seems like they have a lot to explain in one issue.

Thanks for sharing this. I don’t really agree with it—no Deathstroke seems kind of crazy—but I enjoy recommendation articles. With the signal to noise ratio about comic-book info so out of whack, it’s sometimes hard to find an answer to the simple question, “What’s good?”

DC solicitations for June should be up on Monday, but Newsarama has an early preview of
Trinity #10, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps # 22, and Aquaman # 25

I got back into DC after giving up on them in the 90’s (save for the occasional Batman story). Rebirth has really piqued my interest again. I’m digging Justice League, Lanters, and the Bat books at the moment.

Rebirth has been amazing especially the Superman books. I don’t know if I’ve ever enjoyed the main series books this much. Justice League by Bryan Hitch is also incredible. I’m really enjoying Doom Patrol and Wild Storm from two of the pop up imprints too. DC is really firing on all cylinders right now. All you have to do is look at my reviews in the New Comics Thread every week to see how much I gush about this stuff. :wink:

Tell me about it. I went looking for a review of a certain current comic t’other week and almost all the “reviews” I found just extensively recapped the plot without offering any critical thought.

My advice is just follow Bobby S reviews here.

Take on board what he says and buy the opposite and we’re all fine. It’s is not complicated.

Slight adjustment there. If I like stuff chances are you’ll like it too. If I dislike stuff chances are you’ll love it.

To give you an idea about how partially correct @garjones is, I’m not a fan of Millar, Hitch, King, Soule, Capullo, Aaron or Lemire superhero books, anything with captain America, any silver age books, Bendis, Mckelvie, and some other bunch of stuff.

You have been warned!

I hate that! But I also find that there’s very little competent commentary, too. When I write reviews, I try to put some context into them, and generally why I did or didn’t like the material. (Those who hate my Write Off reviews may take solace in the fact that I handle the pros the same way.)

What’s the creative team on that?

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/03/17/wonder-woman-steve-trevor-hits-shelves-this-june

This June, fans can experience the world of Wonder Woman on more than just Hollywood’s silver screen as DC announces a special one-shot story WONDER WOMAN: STEVE TREVOR #1. This tale from writer Tim Seeley (NIGHTWING, GRAYSON) and artist Christian Duce (DETECTIVE COMICS, BATMAN & ROBIN ETERNAL) introduces a new adventure for the first man who stepped into Wonder Woman’s world in Themyscira.

I see you have your answer in the post above, but Newsarama did a shoddy job on that story.

Here’s more early solicits (Deathstroke #20, Titans #12, and Teen Titans #9

Looks like Deathstroke’s going monthly.

Yeah, it looked a bit like a last-minute-before-deadline work.

Looks like this may be the Snyder/Capullo event that was hinted at a while back.

As Muskie Muskrat would’ve said: It’s poss-ibullll…it’s poss-ibullll

From the article posted;

“We’re not going to just go from event to event with the idea that’s the only thing that sells a comic, but we’re going to do events that really help drive our major storylines, and when we have moments in our line that we think needs to be elevated, and put under a much bigger spotlight,”

Didio is poking fun at his past self and current Marvel?

Also, I call BS.

Bat-Signal?

Black Spider?