millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Comics - The Rebirth is Here

Thanks.

Apologies for any oddness, my fellows, I am sleep deprived as I try to finish a script in which I bit off a little more than I could chew in terms of ambition. :slight_smile:

That Green Lantern scene was so funny!

I just finished reading Aquaman #15. What a way to end a story arc. Seriously guys, give this title a try, because it is seriously one of my top three Rebirth titles. Abnett is doing a terrific job. Like I said in a post above, it’s the perfect mix of political intrigue and superhero action. I like this even more than Johns’ run.

Ok, why has nobody told me about this? :open_mouth:

And I find out after I get home from the LCS :rolling_eyes:

What am I seeing?

12-issue Kamandi series, each issue by a different creative team (listed above).

First issue due this week I think.

Okay.

I see.

There’s already a preview and everything :wink:

That really is a writing challenge, based on the descriptions in the article. Looking forward to this!!

Each issue will end with an unimaginable cliffhanger, and it’s up to the next creative team to resolve it before creating their own. It’s a challenge worthy of “The King” himself! In this premiere issue, the Last Boy on Earth is dragged from his safe haven by a group of tigers, only to face the nightmarish threat of the ultimate weapon!

That really didn’t work for the DC Challenge back in the day. Maybe being limited to one character/series that’s relatively self-contained will help it, but that kind of thing always seems like writers’ masturbation to me.

I love it in theory but I think the talent involved in this sort of thing needs to be stronger and more experimental, more creative.

There’s a lot of safe pairs of hands and up and comers involved, and the only one that has me REALLY excited is the King & Eastman pair up.

Or maybe in the 30 years since DC Challenge they figured out how to do it better.
The premise sounds like it’ll be entertaining and fun. I’m looking forward to it.

Yeah, cos comics companies have learnt so much in the last 30 years.

If you think comics haven’t evolved in thirty years then you aren’t reading them or just not paying attention.

Also, just because a good or worthy concept didn’t work the first time doesn’t mean it should be abandoned. That’s not how successful people operate.

Don’t be silly, DC Comics have moved on by leaps and bounds in the last three decades. After all, 30 years ago everything they did revolved around Watchmen, huge continuity-resetting events and convincing Frank Miller to come back and do another Batman story.

The talent on that is impressive. If the story works out it could end up being a great artist-showcase book for DC, a bit like Multiversity, Solo and Wednesday Comics have been.

Dammit I don’t read previews, I rely on you guys to tell me stuff :smiley:

DC’s April solicits are up in the Solicitations for April thread.