millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Comics - The Rebirth is Here

Love the look of those images.

They suggest a more square format, similar to something like Elektra Lives Again. Was Batman: Damned more square too? I forget.

Ha, as I was grabbing those images Ronnie added them and made the same point about the format. :smile:

Yep. More magazine dimensions.

Superman: Year One looks phenomenal. JRJr could be a perfect fit for this.

I’m also a sucker for S-shield redesigns. So I many need a new t-shirt. :wink:

Oh? Was that larger too? Got the trade on the hitlist but that’d make it a bigger buy.

HARLEY QUINN: BREAKING GLASS TP
written by MARIKO TAMAKI
art and cover by STEVE PUGH
With just five dollars and a knapsack to her name, 15-year-old Harleen Quinzel is sent to live in Gotham City. She’s not worried, though—she’s battled a lot of hard situations as a kid, and knows her determination and outspokenness will carry her through life in the most dangerous city in the world. And when Gotham’s finest drag queen, Mama, takes her in, it seems like Harley has finally found a place to grow into her most “true true” with new best friend Ivy at Gotham High. But when Mama’s drag cabaret becomes the next victim in the wave of gentrification that’s taking over the neighborhood, Harley’s fortune takes another turn.
Now Harleen is mad. In turning her anger into action, she is faced with two choices: join activist Ivy, who’s campaigning to make the neighborhood a better place to live, or team up with her anarchist friend Joker, who plans to take down Gotham one corporation at a time.
From Eisner Award and Caldecott Honor-winning author Mariko Tamaki (This One Summer) and Eisner Award-nominated artist Steve Pugh comes a coming-of-age story about choices, consequences, and how a weird kid from Gotham goes about defining her world for herself.
ON SALE 08.28.19
$16.99 US | 6” x 9” | 208 PAGES
FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8329-2

Not a Harley Quinn fan in general, but I’ll probably get this for Tamaki.

Solicitations for June 2019

I was reading this summary of the DC panel at Emerald City Con (it’s a good article), and this bit stood out

Russell also described a past pitch of his for an alternate retelling of The Joker’s origin as a failing ’80s comedian who starts doing increasingly bizarre performance art that gains him a following and ultimately leads to him being The Joker.

That’s Mark Russell, of Snagglepuss, Flintstones and Prez fame. Man, I’d read the hell out of that book.

Here’s the whole piece

Great read, thanks for sharing

Dc are in a really good place just now and some of these bright individuals are key to that and the future of DC.

I’ll believe it when I see it; but, deliriously happy if it comes to pass

Yeah, I’m sceptical - sounds cool, but they need to do more than just another story, they need to conclude the bloody thing.

What is up with Superman’s right leg in the last cover?

I assume you mean the rather withered left leg.

I was confused initially as to why he wasn’t flying through the hatch. Then I thought maybe he’s been doing too much flying, leaving his legs withered, and is walking and climbing everywhere to rebuild his quads.

That’s a No-Prize right there. Well done.

no-prize

Both legs look pretty withered to be fair.

But this is JR jr’s usual elongated style, he’s been doing it for decades, so it doesn’t stand out for me.

I can see it looking a little jarring if you’re not familiar with his style though.

It does to me, but in a ‘Oh, thats fucking perfect for the young Superman’ kind of way.

Like Alex Ross take on supes in Kingdom Come, but the other way around.

To me it feels fairly in line with what he was doing on the Superman books previously.

(warning: more thin legs and bony knees on the way)

But yeah, I agree it works particularly well for the younger version of the character.

Leg days are tough. He’d let himself go at one point in the eighties too…

Probably burn out.

JRJR’s anatomy has always been sort of hinky. I first noticed it as far back as his first Uncanny X-Men and Daredevil runs.