millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Comics - The Rebirth is Here

Which is why I assume he took issue with that cover. It likely crosses the line into exploitation territory a bit more than he wanted.

The Detective Comics #1000 solicitation is all sorts of awesome. But it ships March 27th. Brexit happens March 29th. I’m going to be really conflicted that week!

Sweet! I was on the fence but now that Ellis has a story in there I am definitely buying this issue.

This looks fantastic. And I’m pumped for the book if the rumors are true that Batman will be going on a worldwide fight against the League of Assassins.

Solicitations for March 2019 thread

Solicitations for March 2019 (w/Previews Text)

SECOND COMING #1
written by MARK RUSSELL
art by RICHARD PACE
cover by AMANDA CONNER
variant cover by TOM FOWLER
Witness the return of Jesus Christ, as He is sent on a most holy mission by God to learn what it takes to be the true messiah of mankind by becoming roommates with the world’s favorite savior: the all-powerful super hero Sun-Man, the Last Son of Krispex! But when Christ returns to Earth, he’s shocked to discover what has become of his gospel—and now, he aims to set the record straight.

Yup, that sounds like a Mark Russell book.

DC are taking the mick here:

ALL-STAR SUPERMAN (DC MODERN CLASSIC) HC
written by GRANT MORRISON
art and cover by FRANK QUITELY
The complete 12-issue run of ALL-STAR SUPERMAN by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely is presented in DC’s new hardcover, slipcased DC Modern Classic format!
Witness the Man of Steel in exciting adventures featuring Lex Luthor, Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane and more! Plus: Superman goes toe-to-toe with Bizarro, his oddball twin, and the new character Zibarro, also from the Bizarro planet.
ON SALE 10.30.19
$49.99 US | 320 PAGES
FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-9474-8

£45 / $50 !?

BATGIRL OF BURNSIDE OMNIBUS HC
written by CAMERON STEWART and BRENDEN FLETCHER
art by BABS TARR, CAMERON STEWART, BENGAL, ELEANORA CARLINI and others
cover by CAMERON STEWART
She’s packing her bags, crossing the bridge and heading to Gotham’s coolest neighborhood: Burnside. And when a freak fire burns up her costume and gear, Babs has the chance to become a whole new Batgirl! But she barely slips on her new costume before Batgirl starts trending as Gotham’s first viral vigilante—and attracting a new wave of enemies who want her social-media spotlight for themselves. Collects BATGIRL #35-52, ANNUAL #3, BATGIRL: ENDGAME #1 and more!
ON SALE 09.04.19 | $75.00 US | 552 PAGES
FC | 7.0625” x 10.875”
ISBN: 978-1-4012-9412-0

Anyone read these ones?

Oh bugger…

BATMAN ETERNAL OMNIBUS HC
written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV, RAY FAWKES, TIM SEELEY, JOHN LAYMAN and KYLE HIGGINS
art by JASON FABOK, DUSTIN NGUYEN, TREVOR McCARTHY, GUILLEM MARCH, MIKEL JANIN and others
cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
This yearlong saga follows in the wake of FOREVER EVIL, when tensions between Batman, his allies and the GCPD were at their highest! When a gang war breaks out and new villains arise, it’s up to the Dark Knight, Batgirl and more to turn the tide as best as they can—but will the GCPD be a help or a hindrance? Collects BATMAN ETERNAL issues #1-52 and BATMAN #28.
ON SALE 09.11.19
$125.00 US | 1,208 PAGES
FC | 7.0625” x 10.875”
ISBN: 978-1-4012-9417-5

Don’t think I can turn this one down.

I have this in singles, but this is where I noticed, in a few issues in particular, Tynion IV coming into his own.

I am tempted. A Tynion shelf is starting to emerge on my bookcases, it would be remiss of me to neglect this. I can sell of the singles to part fund it.

What was the follow up to Batman Eternal? Was it Batman and Robin Eternal?

Yes. It wasn’t very good.

Edit to add: although it does set up quite a bit of Tynion’s subsequent Detective Comics run. However, it is very much a Grayson story, with less charm and more inconsistent writing and art.

I remember reading it but not enjoying it as much

I bet this is the new name for the Deluxe size. $50 for 12 issues is a slight increase but not incredible.

Edit: Didn’t read before that’s it’s also slipcased.

Is a shame they have put such a run of unstartling writers on Green Arrow since rebirth. The character deserves better. It’s been one of the lower points of rebirt.

This is basically how Dubliners pronounce ‘rebirth’

Wasn’t the Percy run any good? I’ve had it on my wish list for a rainy day.

I read somewhere that it’s possibly going to start over as Green Arrow and Black Canary.

I thought it started well and then lost it’s way

Hopefully they get the right creative team in for it