millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Comics - The Rebirth is Here

I have to dislike anything that reminds me that Countdown was a thing that happend.

I totally agree

There was a very small amount of those that I remotely enjoyed at the time and I would say I thought any of them were particlaulry good back then

Yeah. Worst CBR article for a long time (and, that site is a total mess these days). Most of those stories were shit to begin with.

Ain’t it? It’s barely readable and it’s now signed up to the new plague of the net - autoplay video ads.

So that’s pretty much a spoiler story right? One that we have a thread for now? Hint…

I just heard a really ballsy theory about Doomsday Clock - the new Rorschach is Dan.

That makes sense. Although I hope it’s Vic Sage.

Like https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/0/77/850242-_40153112_danwink300300.jpg?

That’d be awesome.

Cow carcass in alley this morning. Tyre tread on burst stomach.

I fight urge to add pastry lid.

DC January solicits are up in all the usual spots and collected in the Solicitations for January 2018 thead.

Solicitations for January 2018

DC Comics…

You money-grabbing, cynical bunch of bastards!

Look at this:

THE ABSOLUTE SANDMAN: OVERTURE HC
Written by NEIL GAIMAN
Art and cover by J.H. WILLIAMS III
Neil Gaiman’s legendary series is back in DC’s Absolute Edition format! From the birth of a galaxy to the moment that Morpheus is captured, THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE features cameo appearances by fan-favorite characters such as the Corinthian, Merv Pumpkinhead and, of course, the Dream King’s siblings: Death, Desire, Despair, Delirium, Destruction and Destiny. This volume collects THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE #1-6 in its entirety together with a special presentation of the whole story’s original, uncolored art by J.H. Williams III, plus bonus material and a new cover by Williams!
ADVANCE SOLICITED • On sale JUNE 13 • 416 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5” • $125.00 US • MATURE READERS • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8047-5

Overture is an absolutely superb story, JHW3’s art is wonderful but a price tag of $125 / £110 is taking the piss.

Yeah, that’s absurd. It’s 5x the price of the normal hardcover. And when you consider that the other Absolute Sandman volumes (which are monsters) were only $100, it’s even more insane. I’d love to add an Absolute Overture to my Sandman library, but I’d probably only be willing the shell out about $40 for it (meaning that cover price would be somewhere around $60 to $75 since you can usually find them with a steep discount).

That’s about normal price for absolutes now. When I bought my first one, Absolute Batman: Hush, it was $50 for a 12-issue Absolute. :wink:

The first Absolute I bought was Absolute Planetary vol 1 and it, too, was only $50. Oh how the times have changed…

I didn’t buy Absolute Death as it was such an expensive book for such a small amount of content - I stuck to the regular HC instead - and I think I’ll do the same here. Although the JHW3 art does make it more tempting…

With Death they released the Absolute before the Deluxe hardcover, so I did end up getting it in Absolute. I have all the other Sandman volumes in Absolute too, but I’m not getting this though. That’s a ridiculous price for 6 issues. Quite annoying.

Yes, I think I already had the two TPBs at that time so I didn’t bother. I picked up the regular HC later.

Didn’t know DC was still publishing it.

I eagerly await the CBR article about 15 things you never knew about the Superwoman series. :expressionless:

Honestly, I haven’t read the book, so I really have no idea whether it was any good. The Phil Jimenez art looked very nice though.