millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Comics - The Rebirth is Here

As Comixology tells me, it is the 25th Anniversary of Harley Quinn this week. It seems like an appropriate time to lament the fact that once upon a time I had a copy of Batman Adventures #12 (her first comic appearance). I bought it for the Batgirl appearance, and I literally threw it in the recycling bin a few years afterwards, not realising it’s perceived importance. This issue sells for hundreds nowadays. Always feel like kicking myself for that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The BTAS episode that introduced Harley to the world:

For everyone - consider this your cue to read Batman: Mad Love.

Someone clearly missed the point:

“Otherwise known as the post-“Knightfall” era of Batman, with Bruce Wayne beaten and broken by Bane, and a psychotic Jean Paul Valley (Azrael) roaming Gotham as the city’s violent protector. You can actually see DC editorial’s desperation to keep up with increasingly popular Image Comics, revamping Batman into a psychotic (well, more psychotic) force of nature with claw gauntlets that have web-shooter grapple firing capabilities. With more spikes on his costume and terse interior monologues questioning if he’s man or machine, what could possibly go wrong with Az-Bats?”

Someone in comics journalism missing the point? Shock and horror.

Well yeah, but this one really jumped out at me.

EDIT: Oh, look what I just found on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Mark-Millar/dp/1401278744/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1505340118&sr=1-4&keywords=dc+comics

Fox News is quite something, isn’t it? laughable, but scary at the same time.

Remember when Superman stood for truth, justice and the American way? Then again, Clark Kent is technically an illegal alien – a native of Krypton.

I reckon it’s only a matter of time before DC Comics unleashes other superheroes in its corporate quest to defend the alien invaders.

So don’t be surprised to see the Flash rushing Mexicans across the border or Wonder Woman using her lasso to round up Texas ranchers trying to defend their property.

It’s unfortunate that DC Comics is turning its stable of iconic heroes into political pawns – hell-bent on indoctrinating our kids.

Seriously out of touch. They think kids read DC comics?

Look at this Liberal essjew propaganda from what I assume is an upcoming comic!

Yeah, when you seemingly imply that you think undocumented immigrants should be murdered…

I can’t remember which writer said this originally but Green Lantern’s response should have been “I saved the universe about ten billion times for all colors of skin.”

Denny O’Neil.

That writer must have thought Hal Jordan was a dick.

Well, let’s face it, Jordan is.

All skins matter.

DC’s Batman/ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles mini-series was amazing. A sequel by the same creative team starts this Dec. Looking forward to that!

As is my son. I bought the original HC for him as a birthday present a couple of years ago. And, it’s one of the few things he reads again, and again, and again …