millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Comics - The Rebirth is Here

Another out-of-continuity prestige-format mini in the style of the recent Supergirl: Being Super:

MYSTIK U #1

Written by ALISA KWITNEY
Art by MIKE NORTON
Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO

Leave the world of the mundane behind and step through the magical doors of Mystik U! After a tragic accident, a young Zatanna Zatara, under the guidance of Rose Psychic, enrolls in a mysterious university that teaches its students how to master their unique brands of magic. Will Zatanna fit in with her new classmates (Enchantress, Sargon the Sorcerer, Faust and more!) and unlock her true potential? Find out in this exciting bimonthly miniseries from novelist Alisa Kwitney (DESTINY) and Mike Norton (Revival, Runaways)!

On sale NOVEMBER 29 • 48 pg, FC, 1 of 3, $5.99 US • RATED T+

This was announced over a year ago as part of the Dark Line IIRC.
Glad to see it finally is seeing the light of day.

Oh, Mike ‘Revival’ Norton on art? Could be good.

Even further back, it was one of the post-Convergence books announced in Feb 2015.

That’s odd - I’m sure there have been comics in which Jack Napier has been a character before - and not just the adaptations of the Burton movies.

Not that I can remember, Dave.

The name popped up as graffiti in Earth One

I just looked it up to check and Brubaker and Phillips’ Gotham Noir featured the character.

Looks like it finally confirmed. Hickman is going to DC.

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/712741037807116290

That tweet is from nearly 18 months ago.

At this point, Hickman and I stopped at a Bojangles for fried chicken, something we’d been talking about for the entire car ride. As we ate, we got to talking about his love of the Legion of Super-Heroes

As we wrote about back in March 2016 (see below), Hickman has talked about working with DC as recently as the “Rebirth” launch. And the writer/artist has also been very public about his interest in Legion of Super-Heroes.

Hickman has spoken on several occasions in the past about his interest in DC’s Legion of Super-Heroes, once revealing that it was the first comic book he’d ever read.

Hickman, a fan of the Legion of Super-Heroes, has periodically been associated with rumors about that property.

I’m just saying :smirk:

Oops.

I posted it because it seemed to be in response to a tweet by Jim Lee saying that he and Hickman were eating together in the Warner Brothers commissary. Didn’t realize it was from last year.

Hickman and LoSH would be a huge mistake.
Cause you better get ready for not being able to handle the large cast and Brainy making charts

How that goes in my head:

JIM: Wow, you’re putting that food away like a MATTER-EATER, LAD!
JON: munch munch
JIM: You don’t have to be a BRAINIAC to figure out you’re enjoying that!
JIM: Help yourself to seconds! Go on, don’t be a SHRINKING VIOLET about it!
JIM: Wow, that plate’s just disappearing like LIGHTING, LAD!
JON: munch m–
JIM: OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE WRITE THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES FOR US, HERE, TAKE ALL THE MONEY, TAKE MY WATCH, TAKE MY SHIRT…

They were eating avocado toast.

What’s wrong with charts? :confused:

Well, there’s charts and then there’s how Hickman used them

(pic is from an online parody)

Hmm. Looks kind of like the Legion’s mission monitor board :wink:

DC’s November solicits are up in the usual places, and collected in the Solicitations for November thread.