millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC COMICS now in MOVIE FORM!

I mostly know him from his fill-ins on Kermode more than his written reviews, but I like Robbie Collin as a critic. He had a great bit on the Kermode show last week that really made me want to rewatch Barry Lyndon. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lvdrj/episodes/downloads

(Around the 1hr38min mark)

DC Cinematic Universe - Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

Me too.
There are times where I think I probably prefer him to Kermode.

I like them both when they agree with me. :wink:

For a second there, I thought you meant me and @TMasters. :sweat_smile:

Bernadette and I never disagree.

… Except for that one time … over where to hide the body…

And, as usual, I was right.

I did try to warn you that the puppy would dig it up.

Well sorry for thinking a pile of bones was the perfect place to hide a dead body :rolling_eyes:

Yes but you forgot that Malamute puppies have a pretty huge appetite to match their size.

Ronnie and the rest will likely turn you into a pile of bones when they see what you’ve been saying about BvS.

It all makes so much more sense when I pretend @TMasters is Howard… :smile:

Pfft im far more other guy… Awkwardly confident one…

And far more Gosling than Duck. :slight_smile:

… Quack?

Now you’re more Lina Lamont. :stuck_out_tongue:

Best just stay silent, and look pretty.

Robbie has impeccable taste. He’s a huge comic book and genre movie fan. If he doesn’t like this I’ll probably be the same. His favourite flicks are our favourite flicks so this is a very bad sign.

MM

A lot of critics aren’t as snobby as people think sometimes.

They’ll wax lyrical about arthouse fare but Kermode loves horror movies and Jason Statham, gave glowing reviews to Guardians of the Galaxy and even liked Minions.

James King who is another fill-in that defended The Lone Ranger (almost alone on that one).

I noted on last week’s 5 Live film show that Robbie Collin had some deeper comics knowledge.

Garth Franklin, whose reviews I still tend to agree with, has just updated his fine site Dark Horizons. Check it out one time, won’t you?

http://www.darkhorizons.com/

Here’s an interesting video on the Watchmen comic vs. the film. I don’t agree with him on everything and I’ve really never been a fan of either but it makes me want to reread the book and rewatch the film.

71 posts were split to a new topic: DC Cinematic Universe - Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

DC Cinematic Universe - Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

Newwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww DC Movie thread is here, my friends.