millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Cinematic Universe - Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

I cannot think of a more appropriate title.

Related…

GIBSON: Wow, I mean if you’re spending outrageous amounts of money, $180 million or more, I don’t know how you make it back after the tax man gets you, and after you give half to the exhibitors. What did they spend on Batman V Superman that they’re admitting to?

DEADLINE: I want to say $250 million. Then you’ve got marketing.

GIBSON: And it’s a piece of sh*t.

DEADLINE: Well it was self-serious and it wasn’t fun at all.

GIBSON: I’m not interested in the stuff. Do you know what the difference between real superheroes and comic book superheroes is? Real superheroes didn’t wear spandex. So I don’t know. Spandex must cost a lot.

Jimmy Snuka? A superhero?

I’d love that. Seriously.

2nd trailer for Teen Titans: The Judas Contract:

I enjoyed Lights Out. Not a classic, but an effective horror movie that didn’t outstay its welcome.

Yeah, it wasn’t bad. DON’T BREATHE was tighter and smarter and the new OUIJA ORIGIN was creepier, but LIGHTS OUT ended up pretty effective. Though I keep getting it confused with OCULUS. Actually, I keep getting scenes from DON’T BREATHE confused with scenes from GREEN ROOM. These movies are all blurring together.

What will be the log line of SHAZAM, anyway?

“A homeless, good-hearted orphan is given superpowers by an ancient wizard, but when he joins the other superheroes of his world, he discovers they are all assholes.”

So, we’re in favour of Snyder moving on from trying to do Superman and directing this instead?

That’s really odd since they’re vastly different films.

It’s time to give Uwe Boll a call.

One of these articles said Warner Bros. are eyeing Ridley Scott to direct.
Can someone make that happen, please?

Oh hell no!!!

Another one bites the dust.

Well, on the upside, now maybe the job will go to Gavin O’Connor.

The action was the best part of The Accountant, so I’d be okay with that.
Jane Got A Gun was a good looking movie too, all things considered.

I think Affleck gave a pretty good performance in it. And they didn’t shoehorn in a successful romantic interest of any kind, which I dug. And also the minor (if predictable) twists at the end really worked for me. It’s a solid action movie with a clever conceit. Also…heavy metal as therapy? Yes, please.

But for the best O’Connor, look no further than Warrior. Best sports movie of the last decade.

However, the thematic and visual similarities are also striking - and natural, actually - between the B movies in the horror and thriller genres today. I’ll find myself thinking of a scene in Lights Out, but placing the ghost/monster from MAMA in the scene. Or mentally putting the actress from DON’T BREATHE in a scene from GREEN ROOM. The themes of parental abandonment and neglect appear over and over in Oculus, Lights Out, Mama, Sinister 1 & 2, Ouija and the battle between young punks/crooks against a damaged masculinity (GREEN ROOM, DON’T BREATHE) keep popping up primarily because they are on the minds of the filmmakers and the audience.

What’s more interesting to me is the diminished emphasis on sex as a taboo in these movies compared to the films back in the 80’s. When Cabin In The Woods came out, it was really more about the b-movie horror movies from 20 to 30 years ago than the movies that were coming out at the time.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/justice-league-director-teases-batman-194946681.html

I hope not, he’s got Prometheus sequels to direct!

I will direct the Flash for just one story concession.
I will do anything DC asks.

Someone tell an executive.