millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Cinematic Universe - Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

Joker is not part of the same ‘universe’ though, right?

Is Birds of Prey? Presumably that is, if it has Robbie as Harley.

Joker is a prequel so it could be anything.

Oh, ok. I thought I had heard it was standalone but I guess that means they can go either way.

I’m just wondering how quickly they could back out of the current version of the DCU and start over, if they chose to do that.

Personally I like the idea that has been mooted in recent reports of DC playing down that shared-universe aspect, and giving different projects more of a free hand to do what they want - so Joker and The Batman don’t necessarily have to line up if they don’t want to.

Let’s be honest here, DC/Warners can, and likely will change their minds about what ‘counts’ for the DCEU repeatedly. It’s the movie canon equivalent of whether mobile phones cause cancer or not.

I’ve never heard Joker is a prequel. An origin story maybe, but it’s only a prequel if it’s the same universe.

This may or may not have anymore information than the article posted upthread:

She’ll be fine so long as she doesn’t turn up with a moustache one day.

Warners DC movie division is a freakin’ mess. I don’t have high expectations for anything that’s not Wonder Woman.

I think WW2, Aquaman, Shazam, and the Joker all look/sound promising.

The movie division doesn’t really sound any less messy than any other movie studio division.

Both Aquaman and Shazam look like potential flops to me. Although, admittedly some of that stems from WB doing a good job of making trailers for all of their DC movies, but I’ve only really ended up enjoying 1 of them (and bits and pieces of the others). That and Aquaman seemed like he’d be the breakout badass of Justice League, but actually came off forgettable, if not kind of lame, in the final product. So the idea of an Aquaman movie is a tougher sell for me now.

We’ll see, I’m a fan of these DC characters so I’d love for them to be good. I just don’t have much faith in Warners to deliver something worthwhile.

i admire that fan edit’s consistency. he replaced Momoa’s actual mustache with the mustache placed on everyone else.

That’s because the studio has shifted its focus to a Supergirl movie, which will be an origin story featuring a teen superheroine. This effectively removes an actor of Cavill’s age from the storyline’s equation given that Superman, aka Kal-El, would be an infant, according to DC lore.

What? :confused:

I hope that’s just THR being dumb and not the actual WB people.

There are so many different Supergirl origins, but doesn’t at least one of them involve her being older than Kal-El on Krypton, but then being frozen in time while traveling to Earth (and Superman ageing to become older than her in the meantime)? Maybe they’re referring to that.

That’s pretty much all of them. The planet exploding doesn’t leave much room for her to be born after him. :slight_smile:

I didn’t know if some of them had them both as infants on Krypton and just had her frozen in time at that age and then land on Earth after Kal-El.

David will be able to tell us. :slight_smile:

but in which origin does she arrive on Earth older than him?. the comics all have him older than her and Supergirl TV states it at the very beginning of the show that he is older.

I think the question is whether the film will concentrate largely on her life on Krypton (in which case the THR quote would make sense) or on Earth (in which case it wouldn’t).

None, AFAIK. That’s what makes the THR line that they can’t have Cavill around as an older Superman so stupid.

If that’s the reasoning they’re going with, it’s just stupid. I mean, the currently have a Supergirl TV show that’s already covered all of this. So unless by “origin story” they mean it’s all taking place on Krypton then I don’t know what they’re talking about.

But why would I want to see a Supergirl movie where she’s hanging out on Krypton and not Supergirl?