millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Cinematic Universe - Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

“Actor wants work!”

Screw it, I’ll play Batgirl if the moneys right.

How much are you willing to pay them?

The audience, you mean?

Honestly, if they cast Jane Levy, I’d probably have thought they cast Emma Stone. I have a terrible time telling a lot of young actors apart these days.

Still, I don’t think they will necessarily go for a white actress with reddish hair just because that’s what the character looks like in the comics.

I don’t think that DC has ever really adapted a ginger in either tv or movies.
At least, in the past couple of chances they’ve had,

Touche, my old man. Touche.
But I raise you Wally West and four Jimmy Olsens

They just better stay off Old Man Henning’s lawn!

Still, I don’t think they will necessarily go for a white actress with reddish hair just because that’s what the character looks like in the comics.

I guess it will depend if they want to intentionally tie the movie into the shared universe and whoever is playing Commissioner Gordon. Gordon could be married to a person of color which would be a positive.

Or they could go with adoption, that was a choice that pissed off a lot of trolls when it was done in the last ‘Fantastic Four’ movie.

Which almost makes me forgive everything that’s wrong with that movie.,

Almost…

Would it have been so wrong to make Sue black too?

When she’s being played by Kate Mara, yes.

No, any of them, except Victor, could’ve been any ethnicity.

And the problem with Doom was… no I’m not getting into that again. Toby Kebell is a very good actor though.

Casting choices on that film were good generally. All people who had solid CVs. The late Reg E. Cathey was particularly good.

Yeah, overall the casting was good.
I just feel like they should have gone all the way with the Storms.

Lois Lane is a redhead these days, so it all evens out.

It’s fan art:

At first glance I thought it was Michael Stuhlbarg.

It’s a good image, but then a lot of actors could be the Joker.

Some have a face that suggest the classical Joker smile a bit more than others, but the character has been drawn by so many artists over the decades, that there is no single look to reference.