millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Cinematic Universe - Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

The Man of Steel movies exist in the Shazam! Universe and vice-versa.

The real problem is that they exist in our universe.

#easyjoke

Nah, we live in the worst timeline where there was only one Man of Steel.

At the risk of coming across too aggressive, that’s complete and utter bollocks.

People want to enjoy these films, not pay to gonto the cinema and have shit time.

The Snyder films get slagged because they are a fuckin mess.

In your opinion.

In mine too, but still, these are opinions. :wink:

I agree that it has nothing to do with comparing the movies to Marvel though. They haven’t set up some benchmark for the only approach allowed to super heroes.

But we are now in a post-Snyder DC-verse, so let’s see where that takes us.

I am really looking forward to ‘Shazam’. It has real potential to be something magical, for the audience as well as the characters.

By the way…can someone tell me in simple terms how they brought Superman back to life in Justic League…at that point I think I was just staring at my tv with an engament level so low that I’ve no idea what the fuck happened other than Superman popping out the air after batman etc talking about resurrecting him.

I really hope so.

The character of Shazam has enourmous potential to be a brilliant kids movie and I’d love to be able to take the boys to go see it and not have them put off DC for life.

What will really blow your mind is trying to work out why the dirt was floating off Supermans coffin at the end of BvS.

Symbolism.
Like when the dirt was floating off his coffin when he was about to fly for the first time in Man of Steel. It was a visual callback more than an actual resurrection point to put that back into the audience’s mind.

Was he wanking in the coffin?

That could be VERY problematic.
http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html

Superman would literally crush LL’s body in his arms, while simultaneously ripping her open from crotch to sternum, gutting her like a trout.

Yeah some of us didn’t click on the link because we already know this thought experiment and didn’t want to read it again.

The only people I know who disliked either TDK or TDKR are from Millarworld - all my friends, colleagues and family loved them…universally …so you are probably right

The same is not true of any of the dc films since

I’m not gonna lie, when I think about TDKR I see mostly Anne Hathaway in the Catwoman suit. I’m really just a simple man.

Bah, fanfic. :slight_smile:

I still find it funny we got a big budget, live action Justice League movie and basically all the comics community does is complain about it. We are our stereotype.

I think if it had been halfway decent, the complaints would have been fewer.

I can say the same about MoS, BvS and JL.

Making a big budget, live action Justice League movie was a good idea. They just forgot to make the movie good.