millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Cinematic Universe - Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

To be fair…that was horrible.

They’ve also blown their chance with this one by setting it in their new DTV continuity with the bland aesthetic and ugly suits.

This movie, I’d see.

Didn’t WB have success with marginalized crowds first with Suicide Squad?

El Diablo was pretty great.

Step 1 - stop trying to “replicate” the success of whatever Marvel movie came out last

Step 2 - drop the shared universe gimmick. Too little, too late.

Step 3 - locate some talented directors with a passion for some of your characters.

Step 4 - give them a sane and reasonable budget.

Step 5 - get the hell out of their way.

Step 6 - treat yourself to a membership to the Jelly Of The Month Club and then make wise investments with the rest of your ensuing profits.

Step 1 - stop trying to “replicate” the success of whatever Marvel movie came out last

Agreed.

Reluctantly agree,. They could fix this, but I don’t think it fits their corporate structure.

Step 3 - locate some talented directors with a passion for some of your characters.

I don’t think a lack of talent has been the problem, or passion. It’s the stories they chose to tell and the tone of them that connected with a large, but not large enough audience.

Step 4 - give them a sane and reasonable budget.

Tricky this one, I think most big films overspend, but it’s a systemic problem. I saw the trucks parked outside the location for the fight at the end on ‘Missiion Impossible 5’. There were about twenty of these huge vehicles to support the filming of four people having a fist fight?!?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I can’t see studios really getting a grip on that sort of production process.

Step 5 - get the hell out of their way.

Will never happen, and would be negligent anyway. All companies have a structure to keep an eye on progress and how their money is being spent.

Step 6 - treat yourself to a membership to the Jelly Of The Month Club and then make wise investments with the rest of your ensuing profits.

Strawberry please. With custard.

Looks good… I’d like to see the costume’s texture… from afar it looks like it has none, but I’m sure it does…

Billy’s actor also tweeted a pic of the Marvel Family hanging out at Medieval Times

That’s Billy, Freddy, Hector, Eugene, and Mary from Left to Right.

That’s a lot more of a literal version than I was expecting.

Johns’ influence is heavy.
It’s looking pretty much to be a panel to screen adaptation of Curse of Shazam without Black Adam.

Which is weird, but Mark Strong is definitely an imposing enough of a presence to carry it solo.

Primary colors on the uniform? Swashbuckler books?

What a disgrace! This is a superhero movie.

I’d actually love a Golden Age original Superman movie or television series set during the Great Depression with Superman being a populist hero fighting robber barons, avaricious bankers, corrupt politicians and inhumane industrialists like he did in the original comics and radio shows.

I suppose you could do that with a loose adaptation of Wylie’s novel Gladiator, but it would be great to see Superman in costume wading into a labor riot against the police and company thugs.

nope… but close =P

Wanna make black & white while we’re at it? :smile:

Nah, that’s a bit of too nostalgic… I’d rather they re-released the Fleischer cartoons in HD.

Actually the cartoons cemented a very Tarzan or Flash Gordon like pulp hero version (I.e. ‘neutered’) of Superman in the mind while the comic strips were much more in line or expressed the messy popular but inconvenient anger of the public at the time even more than the political cartoons in the editorial pages.

It’s enlightening to see that the pre-war, pre code period of comics and films really were more intense and extreme than what we are offered today.

Like the way the X Men movies (LOGAN especially) lightly imply that these are sensational stories based in “real events and people,” it would be an interesting and dramatic approach to suggest there really was a Superman in the 30’s who fought for justice for the common man but failed because people couldn’t believe he really existed.

Sort of like the way Philip Jose Farmer took on Tarzan and Doc Savage.

Swashbuckler boobs?

I would love a Death of Superman, Funeral For a Friend, and Reign Of The Supermen animated movie or series of movies.

I didn’t even notice your typo… :smile:

I meant they’re not the classic swashbuckler boots, but they kinda look like… but hey, boobs, yay!