millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Cinematic Universe - Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

I think the idea of Shazam being the grown up version of Billy comes mainly from Kingdom Come when Lex was using mind-controlled grown up Billy as a bluff to to keep the heroes away. Everyone thought that Billy was Shazam, when it was really just normal Billy all grown up.

I always thought both were a part of the same thing. A lot of us guys tend to look at least somewhat (if not almost exactly) like our dads.

That may have been the original intent, but since Kingdom Come, the “grown up Billy” face has taken root.

It can be a relative unknown - it’s a star making role, not a star requiring role. Someone in the vein of Arnold Vosloo or Billy Zane.

He’s top pick for Superior, but if Shazam is coming out Superior doesn’t have much of a shot of being adapted.

That’s a magnificent character origin. I didn’t know that.

That is a shame. I think it has much more potential than Shazam which, at best, is going to turn out to be “what if Peter Potter got bitten by a magic spider and turned into Superman.”

Yeah I didn’t know Capt. Marvel was supposed to be Billy’s idea of his dad… I always assumed it was his adult idealized form or just a hero from myth who happened to look a lot like him.

That was the Golden Age version

That’s exactly how DC should play it. Especially since the big cheese is always compared to the man of tomorrow.

Captain Marvel/Shazam was originally patterned on Fred MacMurray. Ross just brought it back around to that. That’s why he tends to get portrayed the way he does.

Wow, Billy grows up to be Fred MacMurray? Hrm… I’ve never heard of him. Time for research. :slight_smile:

MacMurray was a very solid actor, kept to his comfort zone for the most part.

Awesome. There’s even a fun video with it.

Ohh the deepfakes controversy =P

The implications of deepfake are pretty terrifying.

The movie would fall under a yet-to-be-announced new banner of DC Comics, which would give the studio the opportunity to expand the canon of the iconic comic-book characters with unique story angles that aren’t included in its current cinematic universe. Jared Leto most recently played the Joker in “Suicide Squad” and is likely to reprise that role in “Suicide Squad 2,” but will not be featured in this film.

Fuck it, we’re also giving Steve Buscemi a shot at joker too. Anyone else who’s interested email us at iwannabejoker@dc.com and we’ll hook you up.

JP has that creepy, crazy quality that would work for the Joker.