millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Cinematic Universe - Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

I say we wait and see what happens with the Hasbro Cinematic Universe.

I was thinking they might be referring to that after The Last Knight made about half of Age of Extinction.

Noice

That’s the best news I’ve heard about any superhero movie in a decade.

Funny and DC. Could be a marriage made in heaven.

I fully expect this to be a massive movie and the assholes who sat on Superior will wonder how they got to be so dumb.

Ha I was referring more to the “no one liners” part but I am glad they’re going to have fun with it.

The director is definitely giving it his all in terms of harnessing and engaging with fan enthusiasm - something that I also noticed with Aquaman’s cast and crew. Hope this translates onto the screen with both.

The source this article cites is a website started by someone who used to work at Latino Review, so take with the proverbial grain of salt:

Oh, cool.
I hope his foster father is as cool as he was in Curse of Shazam.

I would see that movie.

Sounds closer to the comics than Man of Steel anyway.

There’s no bias.

I think think I’ve said this a few times, but I have a massive bias towards the DC universe in terms of what characters I like. There’s very few Marvel characters that I’m interested in, however their movies are mostly very enjoyable - last year was a really strong year for them.

If we’re being honest, the DC movies post the Nolan trilogy, range from barely watchable to a complete pile of steaming shit.

We all know this to be true.

I’d agree, except MoS still remains the best SH movie to date :smile:

You skipped the letters “I” and “T” somewhere in your post.

I love Man of Steel and that got a legit LOL from me.

true, sorry: MoS… IT is the best SH movie to date… :sunglasses:

Warner Bros. announced last night that production had begun on the next entry in the DC Extended Universe: Shazam, the adaptation of the classic comic who uses a magic word (i.e. “Shazam!”) to transform from an ordinary teenager to a buff hero. Zachary Levi, everyone’s idea of a classic buff hero, plays Shazam; Asher Angel is his teen alter ego, Billy Batson. They’ll do battle in the film with one of Shazam’s classic bad guys, Dr. Silvana, portrayed onscreen by a well-cast Mark Strong.

The press release also included an official plot synopsis:

We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson’s (Angel) case, by shouting out one word—SHAZAM!—this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam (Levi), courtesy of an ancient wizard. Still a kid at heart—inside a ripped, godlike body—Shazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he’ll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Dr. Thaddeus Sivana (Strong).

Shazam! also stars Jack Dylan Grazer (IT) as Billy’s best friend and ultimate superhero enthusiast, Freddy, part of the foster family that includes Mary, played by Grace Fulton (Annabelle: Creation); Darla, played by Faithe Herman (This is Us); Eugene, played by Ian Chen (Fresh Off the Boat); and Pedro, played by Jovan Armand (Hawaii Five-O). Cooper Andrews (The Walking Dead) and Marta Milans (Killer Women) play foster parents Victor and Rosa Vasquez, with Ron Cephas Jones (This is Us) as the Wizard.