millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Cinematic Universe - Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

Mark Strong spills on Shazam! secrecy

–SNIP–

Speaking at the premiere of Cirque du Soleil ‘OVO’ at The Royal Albert Hall in London, he spilled: "If you stop reading the script for 20 seconds then the whole thing goes fuzzy and you have to start again. Everything is watermarked and traceable too.

"I’m playing an evil bastard called Doctor Sivana, they are always the best characters to play, the most fun. I was Sinestro in Green Lantern which I though was a rather good film but it didn’t do what they wanted so I feel like I’ve got unfinished business in the DC world, I played a pretty evil character in that and he was meant to get even worse in the second one but that never happened but I think I’m going to get the chance to do that in ‘Shazam!’, I hope so."

–SNIP–

Someone liked ‘Green Lantern’ after all.

Well Langella also liked Masters of the Universe.

When you’re 10/10 GOAT in something, I bet it holds a special place.

Of all things, you certainly couldn’t fault Strong’s performance as sinestro. As a lifelong GL fan I couldn’t have asked for a better adaptation, there!

Yes, Strong as Sinestro and all the stuff in space were enjoyable. Anything happening on Earth and the lack of chemistry between Reynolds and (forget her name) killed the movie.

His wife I believe :wink:

Yes, Blake Lively. Must suck for them to have read the reviews and everyone saying the same thing.

Hmm. A bit of a step down from Famuyiwa. Did anyone like Vacation?

Never saw it.
Was it bad?

He also directed Game Night, and I’ll hold off until that happens. Basing it of Flashpoint is still a dumb idea.

It was spectacularly bad. It was the first comedy I ever watched where the way it was shot somehow made it aggressively unfunny. They relied on cheap CGI to hit the punchlines of the jokes and the comedic timing was noticeably off. I laughed once at one really brutal and morbid joke, and that was it.

I really liked Homecoming, though.

Well, among other things, this trailer answered my question as to which Vanessa Williams is voicing Amanda Waller (Yes, there’s more than one).

YES!

Abo Wizard lives!

Interesting “blind item” here: http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/01/himmmm-blind-item-2_19.html

The “family” is the Nolan brothers.

Not the Snyders? Really?

The Krankies.

Why would you make the Snyder-verse the one for children!? Didn’t they watch Man of Steel???

That sounds more like the Universal Monsters debacle.

That’s a good point. Which other failed attempts at building a cinematic universe can we attribute this to?