millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Cinematic Universe - Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

I can just hear fanboys bitching about Jason Blood getting race-swapped.

They’re ok, but Swamp Thing’s look is too busy.

I’m also a fan of Dan Stevens but he wouldn’t be my first choice as John Constantine. I’m probably wrong there though, he’s an excellent actor.

I feel the same way, though. It’s hard to imagine.

I do like Ejiofor as Blood though, that’s neat casting.

To be fair, those 48 “scripts” are often for 5 minute reads; no single issue has the weight of expectation or importance as even the worst movie.

Hum… I think his demonic counterpart is more important in this case… I certainly wouldn’t mind Ejiofor on the role…

And yes Zatanna looks horrible… nothing like Zatanna actually… =/

Well, there could have been Africans in Camelot, but… :confused:

There could even have been a Camelot, but…

Its far more likely that there were black people in Britain during the Middle Ages than Camelot having really existed

But what about Africans magically bound to rhyming demons? :wink:

It’s been known to happen

Well, there are pastors who preach that hip-hop is a tool of the Devil.

I’m sure Africans were in Britain during the Roman Empire. Actually, there is some evidence that blacks in Roman Britain were actually upper class.

Indeed;

Archaeological research on one of the Yorkshire Museum’s best-preserved burial finds paints a picture of a cosmopolitan city, a theme explored in our Roman York gallery.

The skeleton is thought to be of a high-status, mixed-race woman from Roman York, whose story is revealed in our exhibition using real evidence and research uncovered by archaeologists.

web-Ivory-Bangle-Lady-copyright-Aaron-Watson-University-of-Reading-2

https://www.yorkshiremuseum.org.uk/collections/collections-highlights/ivory-bangle-lady/

And here’s a bit more somewhat related info: A book of Ethiopian Christian themed magic at the British Library.

Come on Uncle Dudley.

Interesting piece - contains clips from Vaughan and that Millar fellow. Probably not anything we have not discussed, but Charlie hits a different audience. Mostly about plans for the next films, and how some execs screwed the pooch.

After Cage’s performance in Kick-Ass and the live-action cartoon action of The Golden Circle, I would love to see Vaughn do an Adam West style Batman. Come on DC, let’s get this thing made!