millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Cinematic Universe - Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

Did they? I didn’t notice. I was too busy looking at Chris Pine’s watch.

Need I say that this should be taken with a grain of salt?

Gotham by Gaslight isn’t streampunk. Just because a story is set in the Victorian age doesn’t make it steampunk.

It’s too late to stand on that hill, even though you are right good man. The 90’s and early 00’s have spoken.

The original story might not have been, but the later appearances by that version of character in merchandise, sequels, etc, definitely is steampunk-styled.

Oh, yeah! They can go total steampunk on this one! Same story, slight change in visual emphasis but the whole steampunk thing is about anachronisms and things in the wrong time.

These are just rumors at this point so have your grains of salt ready:

They’re probably discussing a lot of ideas from various people.

Are the Russians back in fashion as villains?

I would be surprised if they went historical at all. But if they did, the 80s must be one of the most uninspiring eras they could pick.

After looking at ‘Glow’ I have to disagree.

I’d rather just let it all go, save it for making people read comics and let Diana continue in the current arcs.

I’m seeing a real problem in our entertainment teaching us ways to deal with situations where we feel overwhelmed and trumped. We have fairly new problems, let’s stop making remakes of old stuff and grapple with the future again. If we have one.

I’m not sure it’s remaking anything though. I have quite a soft spot for period superhero pieces, it mixes it up a little.

Looks like Ayer won’t be back.

I won’t be shedding any tears about that. I saw it for the first time last week on a bus trip (it was a posh bus with in seat entertainment system). There are some good bits and pieces in there that could make a good film but the script was dreadful (I got this, we got this, let’s do this, we got you covered - repeated incessantly) and plot wise it’s a mess.

I’d be happy to see some of the characters again but with much better execution.

Ayer is going to be doing Gotham City Sirens though, right? So I can’t say I’m surprised that he’s not the next Zack Snyder and going all in with DC movies.

Yeah, he’s tapped to do that I heard.

As much as I love your review, it kinda actually makes me want to watch it again. :sweat_smile:

‘Batman’ Director Matt Reeves Has Dropped Ben Affleck’s Script

Matt Reeves is revealing more from his plans for his take on The Dark Knight.

The filmmaker, who stepped into replace star Ben Affleck as director on the project, recently revealed on MTV’s Happy Sad Confused podcast that he scrapped the earlier script that Affleck, Chris Terrio and DC’s Geoff Johns had worked on.

When asked if he would be working with Affleck’s script, Reeves said, "No, it’s a new story. It’s just starting again. I’m excited about it. I think it’s going to be really cool.”

Reeves, whose War for the Planet of the Apes hits theaters this weekend, has previously said that Affleck will remain as the Dark Knight in the upcoming film and that he is planning a noir take on the character. In the original script, Deadstroke was the villain, with Joe Manganiello cast. (Reeves did not say if he plans on using Deathstroke in his script.)

Affleck is set to appear at San Diego Comic-Con next week during Warner Bros.’ Hall H panel, which will feature his Justice League co-stars. He will don the cape and cowl in the superhero team-up, which is due out in theaters Nov. 7.

Listen to the full podcast here (with Reeves’ comments starting at the 30-minute mark), and a hat-tip to Batman-News for spotting his comments.

This is good news for Sad Affleck memes everywhere.