millarworld.tv Comics Creators

DC Cinematic Universe - Wonder Woman, Justice League and More

I’d go see The Mummy. Cruise rarely puts out a movie that isn’t fun and WW will be around for a while.

The only reason why people aren’t openly dumping all over him now is because they are afraid to look bad in public. Had knowledge of what he’s going through not been made public folks would be tripping over themselves to take shots at him.

Weird, sounds like there’s an entire conversation I’ve missed here but one that, all things considered, I don’t need to know about.

The week after this one, the big movie is Cars 3.

I think that is the one you can skip to watch WW again.

Here’s an image we can all agree on;

Is that a Hulk covered in Hulk Leeches in the background, or Swampthing?

My guess is a slightly more modest Swamp Thing.

After BvS and Squad, I’m betting lots of folks waited for word-of-mouth to tell whether WW was good or not. Apparently, it is! So, what to watch now is legs - ratings legs, not Gal’s! The size of the downtick next weekend should paint a more accurate picture.

That’s what I was waiting on. But it wasn’t BvS that compels me to do so, it was Suicide Squad. If Suicide Squad hadn’t been released I would have been at Wonder Woman opening night.

I’ve waited as well but not because of BvS or SS hate… more because it hasn’t appealed enough to me to motivate my ass to go to the movie theater. The promo campaign wasn’t very enticing tbh.

The one thing you didn’t see, Craig or Jon, was all the late-night and AM talk show visits by Gal and Chris (mainly). The promos were built up quite cleverly, I thought. The thing that got me is I’ve been friends with Nicola Scott forever (from here!) and I really rely on her perception of people. She was darned near ecstatic when she met Patty Jenkins. This meant, to me, that she had Nic’s seal of approval, and thus Jenkins’ direction was also approved. I was not sure it would be as well received as it has been, but I’m delighted.

WW is a “dark horse” in the older sense of being a rather unexpected winner. I had high hopes for Skwad, but they just plain needed more prep time (and me as script doctor - and maybe choreographer, which would be a first for me, but so desperately needed!). Oddly, I have higher hopes for JL, for whatever Zack might have missed, I trust JJ will pick up and fix. (I’ve often though Zack needs friend with an objective eye to tell him when he sucks.)

[quote=“Miqque, post:2178, topic:7572, full:true”]WW is a “dark horse” in the older sense of being a rather unexpected winner. I had high hopes for Skwad, but they just plain needed more prep time (and me as script doctor - and maybe choreographer, which would be a first for me, but so desperately needed!). Oddly, I have higher hopes for JL, for whatever Zack might have missed, I trust JJ will pick up and fix. (I’ve often though Zack needs friend with an objective eye to tell him when he sucks.)
[/quote]

Obviously the reasons behind it are very sad, but I think the combination of Snyder and Whedon on Justive League will created a really interesting end product.

Snyder has always been good at creating visually impressive movies, but I think he lacks the story telling chops these films need. Which is why having someone like Whedon coming on at this stage is an exciting prospect.

I know Warners said Joss would basically just be finishing up the film, and he’d have to keep the established tone. But I think we’ll end up with a final product that feels more like a Joss Whedon film, that has some impressive visuals… Which I’m very excited to see.

I hope Joss’ part remains superficial rather than impacting. .

He has to be overseeing the editing, and IMO editing was the biggest bugaboo in both films. I’m fond of BvS UE, cannot tolerate the theatrical due to the cuts. Man, they flat-out ate two whole timings of performances as well as lines, changing the character by doing so! That made me grumpy. Also like the sound better on the UE, and I saw BvS in 3D and DIVX. Skwad has an “extended edition” in the cable package (it’s on HBO), but the differences are much subtler - and it’s all of about four minutes, anyhow. The thing is, it’s studio, distribution and theaters that all want a film to fit into a slot. Most don’t.

The Skwad “extended edition” makes the movie worse because it adds stuff that drags the movie longer rather than more of the substantial content that they took out.

Yep.

(Aw shit! We agreed! Apocalypse now!)

[quote=“BenObiwomble, post:2135, topic:7572, full:true”]
That’s quite the image, do we know where it’s from?
[/quote]

I think that’s from DC Rebirth’s Trinity. I think that’s a panel from the first arc.

Wonder Woman is a better Superman movie than we’ve gotten the last few years.

Yeah me too… JW is a good ideas man, and a good writer at times, but his directing skills leave a lot to be desired, tbh. Avengers was kind of a fluke for him, and then again, I think we all loved it 'cause it was the very first time we saw that… I wonder what would people say about it today, since the first half is quite disjointed and badly written (and quite boring too). But seeing for the first time, that final act in the movies… yeah… that was special.

I do agree that It’d be nice to see a Snyder/Whedon colaboration at some point. That could end up being really awesome. Or hey, maybe JL will be it… who knows… I could do with an awesome JL movie :smile:

Whedon is a terrific director, in my opinion. Not the greatest visual stylist but one of the best with actors that we’ve got.