millarworld.tv Comics Creators

David Bowie RIP

He sung that we could be heroes, just for one day, but he was mine for a lifetime and now beyond.

Shit. That’s horrible sad news to start the week with.

Yep.
it was a complete shock.
Very sad day, the man was a genius.

What a huge shock. He was one of those performers who felt like they would be around forever.

I’ve been listening to Blackstar since its release and now am even more amazed at this album. A sad day, but do go listen to the album and revel in his last gift to us.

Strange thing is i bought it yesterday, but haven’t listened to it yet.
Was saving it for today for the trip to work.

I spent a chunk of the weekend listening to Blackstar, it’s a phenomenal album and a fitting end to an amazing life.

I’m not sure how to express how I feel right now. His music was, hell still is very important to me. As the World Falls Down was the first dance at my wedding.

You and me both, fella.

My wife put the news on at 6am as she was getting ready for work.
It was the top story as you can imagine…my wife didn’t say a word, just got back in to bed a cuddled me, because she new how much i loved the bloke.

A lot of times we have these threads and we say they are a shock. This one has actually hit me in the gut like it was someone I knew.

agreed, hence the reason i have never commented on one before.
But, this one…boy, i wasn’t expecting this.

I saw this comment elsewhere, and I think it’s the most fitting thing to say right now: “If you’re ever sad, just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.”

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars was one the first albums that I had to buy for a second time, because I had worn out the original copy.

When I directed A Christmas Carol, my conception of Christmas Future was Thin White Duke era Bowie (although I think that I may have been the only one to get that).

When I heard this on the radio this morning, my wife upstairs heard me howl. She thought that I’d accidentally cut myself or something like that. I wouldn’t have expected it to be, but it was a gut punch.

I haven’t liked everything that the man did…The 90’s were a pretty bleak period if I recall, but he was the coolest man on Earth. But he was still the man who created that great riff at the start of Rebel Rebel. And he managed to duet on a Christmas song with Bing Crosby and not come away with us thinking he was naff.

I haven’t bought the new album, but am going to do so during my lunch hour today.

RIP.

My wife mentioned it and I was:

Huh? He just put out an album. Oh, cancer? Wait, he put an album together while being racked over by cancer!? Wow.

The other response: Cancer - you bastard - Lemmy wasn’t enough huh?

I saw this thread title and thought there is no way it’s true. Shit.

it is, buddy.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, :cry:

The other comment I liked was “Later we’ll find out that Vanilla Ice died around the same time, but his heart had one beat more”

RIP to the man who fell to Earth

Been a fan of Bowie since I first heard “Space Oddity” on my radio in the early 70s, but 2014’s Nothing Has Changed compilation helped me to rediscover him. “I’m Afraid of Americans” is my new favorite running song.

Thank you for sharing your sound and vision with us, Mr. Jones, and may you rest in peace.

My wife read me this news while I was getting ready this morning. Crazy stuff. We’ve lost a real innovator.

The video with Trent Reznor is pretty great.