millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Cover songs better than the original

In genuinely upset you didn’t say “Fuck you I won’t do what you tell me” so I could then post this cracking cover of the RATM song Killing in the Name of.

I think it might be a bit of a stretch to say that there weren’t any dicks in Metallica.

Oh no doubt, but there really isn’t much of a difference between goth and industrial.
Ducks

Sure there is. Industrial is pretentious and superior with good reason

I think most people would agree that this is the superior version of Valerie

Although I have always preferred the Zutons original.

Prefer this to the Elton solo original:

As big a Beatles fan as I am, I was never that fond of Eleanor Rigby - this glam rock version is a lot of fun:

And again as much as I love the Beatles and appreciate the original, this is my version of I am the Walrus - heavy, sludgy, no frills and sound effects:

Love this topic…

Buddy Holly is untouchable, but this always stands out for me as a supreme cover.

And though I wouldn’t call it better than the original, I give Realm’s thrashing take on “Eleanor Rigby” the most unique cover award…

original:

Arguably superior cover:

I still enjoy the original but love the energy of these covers.

This one is actually a cover of a folk song. To there really isn’t an original. I enjoy the Dubliners and even the Thin Lizzy version that this is a direct cover of but this is by far my favorite version and probably my favorite cover of all time.

The video isn’t my favorite but the song is still incredible.

Pete White was right

I’ve always liked this cover of Cyndi Lauper’s Time After Time. One of the things I like about covers is when they make small changes. In this version, I like when they replace the line “The drumbeat’s right on time” with “The 808’s right on time”. It always made it even more weird that they so prominently feature a drummer in the video though.

Wow. I honestly didn’t know that Just Breathe was a cover. I can’t believe I’ve never heard the Pearl Jam version. I saw Willie and Lukas last fall and they were amazing. Love that song.