millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Cover songs better than the original

Every so often, a song will get covered and that cover might be better than the original.

One example is Stevie Wonder’s cover of the Beatles’ “We Can Work It Out”:

What are your picks?

Isn´t technically a Cover, Because is Winwood himslef singing the Song, but this version of “Valery” is far superior to the 1982 one.

I’m sorry Elvis…but this knocks it down

Yes, it’s a cover:

And Then you have de Marilyn Manson Version, too.

The intro to the video is annoying but I love this cover.

Don´t know if it´s better, but is F—Ing awesome.

Chicago and Terry Kath.

This might insult some metal heads but I love this cover by Tori Amos of Raining Blood:

I’m having problems embedding a video. What am I supposed to do for a youtube type link?

Should work if you just use the link and drop it in.
You don’t have to do a hyperlink if that’s what’s going on.

I’ve always preferred Tiffany’s cover of “I Think We’re Alone Now” over Tommy James and the Shondell’s original.

Thanks Tom!

Kristen Vigard’s cover of “God Give Me Strength” for the movie “Grace of My Heart” is my flat out favorite version of this song and I was so pissed that the original Elvis Costello/Burt Bacharach version appeared on the soundtrack. Thanks to the internet, I now have the version I actually like.

It could probably be argued that spirituals like “Soon I Will Be Done With the Troubles of the World” are covers by default, but there are certain arrangements that seem ubiquitous, especially the rapid choral arrangements.

Mahalia Jackson’s cover of “Soon I Will Be Done With the Troubles of the World” recorded for the movie “Imitation of Life” is my hands down favorite version of this song. She’s recorded a longer version that I love, but the instrumentation is a little different and the spectral chorus is absent.

This one sticks out.

The only issue Mark had was not putting the link on its own line.

As shown here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-EF60neguk it don’t work.

This does with a very obvious cover better than the original.