millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Comics - Everyone Else (NOT Marvel / DC)

Aww no, no, no, this sounds nuts… Wait a sec, sounds really, gloriously nuts!

EDIT: Oh and while I remember, how’s Valiant’s Dr Mirage series? The OHC’s still available at a decent price but I’m undecided as to whether to get it.

Not sure where to post this really but here’s a neat interview with Bob Budiansky and Bryce Malek about how they wrote the original Transformers comic/cartoon:

How we made Transformers

I’ve only read the first series, but it’s really good.

The Solicitations for April thread is finally up and running with Oni Press first out of the gate!

Edit: have added Action Lab

Tues. edit: have added Boom! Studios, Valiant, Archie and Aspen

This is interesting. It appears that James Stokoe is writing and drawing an Aliens comic.

Aliens: Dead Orbit #1 (of 4)
JAMES STOKOE’S ALIENS!
James Stokoe (W/A/Cover) and Geof Darrow (Variant cover)
On sale Apr 26 • FC, 32 pages • $3.99 • Miniseries
After a horrific accident strikes a space station, an engineering officer must use all available tools—a timer, utility kit, and his wits—to survive an attack from the deadliest creature known to man.
Orc Stain creator James Stokoe pens a thrilling and claustrophobic Aliens story: Dead Orbit!
On sale on Alien Day: 4/26/17!
GEOF DARROW VARIANT!

[quote=“RonnieM, post:1508, topic:52”]
James Stokoe (W/A/Cover) and Geof Darrow (Variant cover)
[/quote]Does this mean that Stokoe and Darrow aren’t the same person?!

Read this as utility kilt at first. Great scott, that would’ve been interesting.

Oh that’s finally started coming out, heard about it a while back - could be quite something, especially if DHC release it as a massive hardback to show off Stokoe’s art.

EDIT: Other good stuff in DHC’s lot:

Empowered Volume 10

Goon Library Edition 5!

Although I’m starting to wonder what the plan is on BPRD, it’s been strangely absent the last couple of months.

Have added Dark Horse, IDW, and Chapterhouse

Huh, how about that? Didn’t notice that Morning Glories had ended last year #50 too. So that’s another big series that’s concluded as has The Sixth Gun.

There’s only one problem I have with both series, they each issued 3 deluxe hardbacks - so where’s the next one for each? No sign of it, that’s what.

Anyone heard anything? It’d only need 1 OHC to conclude MG and 1 big hardback to conclude TSG, as that only had 14 issues left.

Interesting, I thought I had read that Morning Glories was supposed to go 100 issues. I dropped it around #26 as it got way too much like “Lost” and not in a good way.

Same here, which is why I was surprised to find #50 was it. Apparently Season 3 could be possible but depends on sales.

I can’t really see it being fun to read as a monthly, works far better as a big block.

To get up to speed, I bought the first two trades then went monthly. It really does need to be a “season” read at a time.

Have added Spacegoat, Titan, and Image (from the Image site, nowhere else yet).
Also added Previews Order Forms.

What???

I thought morning glories was AGES away from finishing??

I’m reading in trade and it didn’t seem anywhere near winding up.

Between that, Rachel Rising and Revival finishing up I feel like most of my favourite books are departing without the writers moving onto adequate replacements.

I’m really disappointed to hear that - I felt it was losing its way then did a re-read and loved it more than ever. I’ve read 3 times now. One positive about reaching a conclusion means another reread is on the cards to take me up to that finale.

And I thought the same then I found this:

Which suggests low sales killed it.

Yeah, they had always said the plan was for 100+ issues, but they finished at 50. I guess sales weren’t high enough to keep going?

Has anyone read the ending? Is it satisfying at all?

I guess it depends on if they decided to make #50 the wrap-up. Fortunately creator-owned comics ought to be the one time a book can wind up well.

Wow. That’s a pity. Great series, I hoped for 100 issues.