millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Comics - Everyone Else (NOT Marvel / DC)

Most probably anyway. Moore’s declaration of ending his comics work was rather filled with caveats that he’d change his mind if the muse took him (or Kev).

Overall what we’ve seen is he values being able to control his work over anything else and while his forays into film are with friends and at an indie level it is an industry that is even worse than comics in that regard.

Oh I don’t think he’ll ever really quit comics for good, it’s just that he’s been fairly definite about this being the final League book.

Although yeah, you never know…

What?!? Alan Moore didn’t quit comics again? :wink:

You mean notorious hermit Alan Moore, last seen on a high-profile TV stand-up comedy special?

I would be completely thrown if I didn’t spend my time around some other people with theatrical inclinations. :wink:

He’s such a recluse that his next project is making a film starring himself.

Wait there’s a new LoEG series?

That cover has been making the rounds and as I’ve said elsewhere - “Frill Power” is goddamn amazing.
Can’t wait.

The final one, a six issue miniseries called The Tempest. Four issues already released.

Wow I completely missed that!

From https://www.amazon.com/League-Extraordinary-Gentlemen-Vol-IV/dp/1603094563/

I thought he was going to be the Oscar host after Kevin Hart backed out?

Alan is holding out for the Tonys hosting gig.

To be fair at least half the time it is overly excited journalists. Moore is all theater and showing off which encourages it but the hermit bit was a completely imagined creation because he liked to stay in his home town and not attend comic cons.

All the time it was being claimed he was performing on stage as a lead singer in a punk band and on the TV and radio every other week. Despite skipping cons he often does signings at Orbital Comics or Forbidden Planet. The worst hermit ever. :smile:

Even his previous ‘retirement’, I remember Sarah Horrocks being convinced he had, the article with that headline actually just has him say he was concentrating on his novel for now. He never said he’d retired at all and has done a lot of comics since, more than Frank Miller who never gets that tag despite going off to do movies for the best part of a decade.

It is really great, well worth picking up.

Alan Moore quits comics the same way Hayao Myazaki quits filmmaking.

In Japanese?

The Big Bang in Dublin just sent out an email that they have the TKO TPBs in stock, for €17.99 each, for any UK/Irish people who don’t want to spend the $20 on shipping.

And a lot of you have been asking about the TKO books and they JUST arrived today, let us know if you want any of them!

• SARA TP, €17.99

NAZI OCCUPIED RUSSIA, 1942.
FIGHT HARD.
SHOOT STRAIGHT.
DON’T LET THEM TAKE YOU ALIVE.
A team of female Russian snipers beat back the Nazi invaders on the WW2 Eastern Front.

Writer: Garth Ennis (Punisher, Preacher, The Boys)
Artist: Steve Epting (Captain America, Velvet)
Color Artist: Elizabeth Breitweiser (Batman, Outcast, Kill or Be Killed)
Letterer: Rob Steen (Punisher, Nick Fury)

• THE 7 DEADLY SINS TP, €17.99

SEVEN DEADLY SINS.
ONE DEADLY MISSION.
1857. Texas. A group of death row criminals is recruited by a Mexican priest for a suicide mission into Comancheria.

Writer: Tze Chun (Gotham, Once Upon A Time)
Artist: Artyom Trakhanov (Undertow, Turncoat)
Color Artist: Giulia Brusco (Scalped, Django Unchained)
Letterer: Jared K Fletcher (Spider-Gwen, Paper Girls)

• GOODNIGHT PARADISE, €17.99

VENICE BEACH, CALIFORNIA
SUN. SURF. SEX. MONEY. MURDER.
After finding the body of a murdered teenage runaway, a homeless man vows to bring her killer to justice.

Writer: Joshua Dysart (Unknown Soldier, B.P.R.D.)
Artist: Alberto Ponticelli (The Dark Knight, Unknown Soldier)
Color Artist: Giulia Brusco (Django Unchained, Scalped)
Letterer: Steve Wands (Batman, Descender)

• THE FEARSOME DR FANG, €17.99

NOTHING TO FEAR…
BUT FANG HIMSELF!
In this globe-trotting adventure, a San Francisco cop and a treasure hunter pursue a Chinese criminal mastermind who is not what he appears to be.

Writers: Tze Chun (Gotham, Once Upon a Time) and Mike Weiss (The Mentalist)
Artist: Dan McDaid (Judge Dredd, Firefly)
Color Artist: Daniela Miwa (Shaft)
Letterer: Steve Wands (Batman, Descender)

Forbiddenplanet.com are stocking them too - the collections and the sets of singles.

Hhn…

Ennis + Epting + Breitweser + WW2 setting should = Buy, but £20 is quite the repulsor!