millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Comics - Everyone Else (NOT Marvel / DC)

I hope he got a raise out of it.

Good move for IDW, he was doing an excellent job. Good to see him back.

I’ve had a lot of dynamic and provocative conversations the last few days – and am excited to be connecting with people who are truly ready to explore the deep and inherently powerful connections between character and culture in contemporary comics and other media. Stay tuned!!

Did they forget to tell him he doesn’t have a job anymore?

That movie rules. I have watched it at least twice while staying in hotel rooms with no other good options on cable.

Not an easy way to screenshot this one so just click to follow the Twitter thread:

Very interesting, some talented names there (Ennis and Lemire for starters) and they are going to drop entire series Netflix style in issues, collectors box sets and trades, all at the same time and all books are oversized. All first issues are free to read online.

I like the out of the box thinking.

For those who don’t want to click through, here’s the preview links for the four debut titles:

SARA by Garth Ennis, Steve Epting, and Elizabeth Breitweiser:

7 DEADLY SINS by Tze Chun, Artyom Trakhanov, and Giulia Brusco:

GOODNIGHT PARADISE by Joshua Dysart, Alberto Ponticelli, and Giulia Brusco:

THE FEARSOME DR FANG by Tze Chun, Mike Weiss, Dan McDaid, and Daniela Miwa:

This looks very promising. I’ll definitely spend some time checking these out.

I love the idea of being able to buy collector sets and single issues, but yet still be able binge read them. This is a really neat idea. It will be interesting to see if they can make it work.

Man, I wish I could downvote this post.

You are so my movie antichrist, Robert!

Aliens VS predator is very enjoyable once you realize it’s a romantic comedy.

Between Scar and the lead right?
I always knew it.

Yeah exactly.

Well, this TKO bunch know how to get attention.

TKO stuff pretty cool

However, upon closer inspection, problem is the cost to UK

$17.99 for the Ennis trade or $24.99 for the issues

Then $20 for postage

No way I’m paying $37.99 - $44.99 for 6 issues.

The other option is digital, however I’ll never drop 15 bucks for a digital book.

They need to get themselves into Previews where it would cost $17.99 for the trade including postage.

The main TKO problem is the titles I think. They feel like left over ideas that everyone else rejected. They should be building the next Marvel.

Yeah that sounds a big issue. It may be part of their plan that distributing themselves they keep 100% of the takings but as we see with Kickstarter that kills international readers.

They do encourage ordering through a comic shop so that may be a way to avoid those costs but to me they may struggle, even with Ennis and Epting on a launch book, to get penetration if you can only ever order direct.

No, hell no, no, no, God no, no, no, nooooooo.

That’s a shame but plenty of other books to go for.

Ha, I thought my compliment was as backhanded as they come!

But you still managed to watch it! Twice! I tried that once and I fell asleep somewhere in the middle.