millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Comic-book movies for 2017 look awesome!

Seriously, after a v poor 2015 and 2016 I’m convinced there’s some beauties in here.

Looking forward to…

Kingsman: The Golden Circle
Spider-Man: Home-Coming (though it’s a lame subtitle, like Endearment or Kitchenware).
Wolverine 3
Guardians 2
Wonder Woman
AND A THOR AND HULK BUDDY MOVIE!!!

These can’t not be great!

I just saw a thing saying Ghost in the Shell is out in March. Is that still the date?

MM

I quite like the cheeky double-meaning referring to the Marvel Studios shared universe though. :slight_smile:

2017 looks amazing for movies in general. We had 27 movies over $300 million in 2012, 24 in 2013, 27 in 2014, 24 in 2015 and only 19 so far in 2016 (so it looks like it’ll be around 24 ish when the year is over).

There’s so many movies in 2017 I think they could have 30 hits. Guarantees are:

Episode 8
Thor 3
Pirates 5
Spidey
LEGO Batman
Guardians 2
Wonder Woman
Beauty and the Beast
Aliens
Transformers
Fast 8
Kingsman 2
Wolverine 3
Despicable 2
Jumanji
Blade Runner 2
Dark Tower
Power Rangers

That’s 18 already without breaking a sweat. Going to be a great year, and I have a feeling most will be crowd pleasers.

What’s wrong with Spider-Man Kitchenware? I use it every day!

i’d say that was a guaranteed hit
Release date: July 3, 2013 (USA) Box office: 970.8 million USD

Oh Mark, I like that you’re so endlessly optimistic, but…

Movies out in 2017 I’m really looking forward to are

Alien Convenant
Trainspotting 2
Spider-Man Homecoming
The Dark Tower
Free Fire
Split
Live by Night
War for the Planet of the Apes
Blade Runner 2
It
Star Wars 8

I’m a bit burnt out by blockbusters, superhero movies and sequels at this stage, they are too long and often fall short. I’m seriously looking forward to Star Wars and Spider-Man though, I dont think either will disappoint.

Well, most movies listed so far are franchise sequels/requels or remakes… So I wouldn’t get my hopes up so much, considering this year’s reactions.

I mean, of course Episode 8 is gonna make billions and get rave reviews… But Jumanji? Blade Runner 2? Power Rangers? Meh… a lot of those have “flop” (even if it’s only critical, not financial) written all over them.

They’ll probably make more money overall than this year’s batch though, but only 'cause there’s more “loved” franchises in there.

I envy you Mark. You STILL have hopes for a DC movie :disappointed:

Kingsman is my most anticipated comic book movie of 2017, though.

Cautiously optimistic for Thor: Ragnarok. The Thor movies haven’t been precisely the better ones of the MCU. Hope third time is the charm.

As @JimOHara said, 2017 looks fantastic for movies in general. My most 5 anticipated are:

Kingsman: The Golden Circle
Fast 8
War for the Planet of the Apes
Dunkirk: Seriously, that teaser is epic. Nolan movies are truly a cinematic event.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: How could it not!

Also looking forward to:
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
American Made: It’s Liman plus Cruise. High hopes for it.
John Wick: Chapter Two: wasn’t a big fan of the first one but I give it kudos for its freshness and will be looking forward to seeing how they step it up.
The Six Billion Dollar Man: Damian Szifron is an amazing director from my country and this movie will be his Hollywood debut. Not precisely the film I was expecting him to do, but I hope he does well.
The Commuter: Liam Neeson is back in another action thriller from Jaume Collet-Serra, I can’t help but enjoy these films a lot.
XXX: The Return of Xander Cage: Looks like a fun nonsense romp.

And I guess I’ll be watching Wonder Woman and Justice League too, but I’m not expecting anything anymore from those. Hoping for the best though.

lot of BIG titles in there I’m looking forward to some upcoming TV too. New Daredevil and Jesica jones and the punisher. Gotham is starting soon and TWD is nearly here

The last effort was just okay but I am quite excited at Thor: Ragnarok. It looks a bit nuts with a lot of the best ideas from the comics thrown in. It can only be a disaster of completely awesome in every way.

Jessica Jones and Daredevil won’t be back until 2018, because of The Defenders and Iron Fist (and maybe Punisher).

[quote=“garjones, post:13, topic:7623”]
It looks a bit nuts with a lot of the best ideas from the comics thrown in. It can only be a disaster of completely awesome in every way.
[/quote]Just on the basis of Gar’s description, I’m going to pay to see this movie TWICE!!

ah man that’s a shame