millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Brand new INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

In its current or original colours?

Just curious – I’ve never seen a recreation of the original colours.

This seems a strange thing to do. Are you protecting your wife from your love of spicy food? Like, if she truly knew how much you could eat of it, it would terrify her and forever sunder your relationship?

First sensible thing I’ve seen in a while. Welcome!

Haha! Nothing so Machiavellian I’m afraid. It’s just down to good, old fashioned, terrible cooking techniques. If she thinks I don’t like it, she won’t cook it. Wait… Maybe that is Machiavellian?

I have it in its current colours. A recreation would be fascinating to see.

Name: Mark O. Stack

DOB : January, 1995

Occupation: English Supplemental Instructor, Freelance Writer, and Full-Time Student

Fave Comics Ever: Uncanny X-Men #183, Dark Knight Returns, Superman: Secret Identity, and Daytripper

Last Good Comic You Read: Frontier #12 by Kelly Kwang

Fave Movies Ever: Primer, Dragonslayer, Step-Up 3D, Empire Strikes Back, and Singin’ in the Rain

Last Good Movie You Saw: Green Room

What’s your Earliest Memory? The earliest thing I can remember is my family picking up our first dog together. He was in this backyard chasing an orange slice, and I was watching through the sliding glass door. I really wanted to pet the little guy.

When And Where Were You Happiest? On the floor of a friend’s dorm room, my first year at college, while she was playing this pretty great little cover of “The Book of Love.”

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Albert Brooks, Kurt Vonnegut, Larry David (I’m not above swiping that selection, Curb Your Enthusiasm has been a life changer for me), Mark Twain, and Bill Hicks. I like some levity to accompany some potentially deep, dark discussion.

What did Your Parents Do? Both served in the United States Navy while I was growing up.

How Do You Relax? Music and reading have remained the go-to relaxation activities throughout my life.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I’m not as tall as I look, I’m terrified of driving, and I’m currently on my second attempt at college.

Welcome to the club, brother. I think I was better suited the second time around. Good luck!

A true if trivial observation. Many many “earliest” memories tend to include something orange. Here it was an orange slice, also the most common trope (assuming candied orange slice). It’s amazing to me that so many folks have a moderately obscure candy at the core of a significant or traumatic early memory!

Name:
Wilfred Esteves

DOB :
May 7, 1982

Spanish Advisor for Electronic Arts and Writer

Fave Comics Ever:
Chris Claremont’s X-Men run, Jeff Smith’s Bone, Stan Sakai’s Usagi Yojimbo, Mike Mignola’s Hellboy, Denny O’Neil’s The Question, Jack Kirby’s Fourth World, Walter Simonson’s Thor, Dave Sim’s Cerebus, the whole Annihilaton run up to Realm of Kings which I haven’t read.

Last Good Comic You Read:
Currently reading Paul Levitz and Keith Giffen’s Legion of Super-Heroes run

Fave Movies Ever:
Raiders of the Lost Ark, Back to the Future trilogy, F For Fake, Seven Samurai, The Princess Bride, Touch of Evil, Limelight and Monsier Verdoux by Charlie Chaplin, Empire Strikes Back.

Last Good Movie You Saw:
The Nice Guys.

What’s your Earliest Memory?:
A weird dream with sea creatures coming out of the closet when I was 3-4 years old.

When And Where Were You Happiest?:
Hanging out with my friends back in Puerto Rico, taking our bikes or walking to the beach.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5?:
Orson Welles, Charlie Chaplin, Isaac Asimov, Jack Kirby, and Ernest Hemingway.

What Do Your Parents Do?:
Mum = housewife, Dad = Retired, worked for the electric company as a clerk.

How Do You Relax?:
Walk my dog, a Welsh Corgi named Oberon. Watch tv or read.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You:

1. I enjoy the magical girl genre
  2. I’m actually more afraid of things than I let on
  3. I cry all the time at the easiest bit of melodrama in tv and movies.

I would not mind attending that party! Asimov always fascinated me. And maybe my poor brain would quit mixing up Hemingway and Steinbeck!

Asimov was a brilliant man. All of them were, so it would be a daunting dinner to be a part of. I haven’t read any Steinbeck yet but he’s on my list of books to read.

My problem is I read most of their works around the same time a long, long time ago - late high school, I think - and both wrote tales full of people in harsh situations in superb prose. Also I once was accused of writing like William Faulkner, so I guess one of these decades I should actually read something by Faulkner and find out!

I also have a few of his books to read. That’s interesting that your writing gets compared to his if you’ve never read it. I’ve never read him either, but soon.

Hello, My name is Chris Ryahn I am the writer and creator of Tyrant comics. if you get the chance you might want to check out my comics at https://twitter.com/TyrantComics there is tons on links and other fun stuff there as well.

Name: Antonio “Toño” Monzón

DOB: Aug 3rd 1989

Fave Comics Ever: 100 Bullets, Transmetropolitan, Sleeper, Wanted, Midnight Nation, Blame!

Last Good Comic You Read: Low Vol.2, Zero.

Fave Movies Ever: Hero, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Zodiac, 2001, The Guns of Navarone.

Secret Crush: Shall we meet?

How you would like to die: I don’t care. Just do it quick.

The last time you punched someone: I don’t know. I tend to punch with my tongue. Way sharper.

Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring?: I am not Irish. Nope. Never.

Last Good Movie You Saw: Suicide… (NOPE FOR F#*/s SHAKE)… This year has been horrilbe… I will say: “The nice guys”

What’s your Earliest Memory? Telling to my parents that I wanted to go to school when I was 2~3 years old… What a shame. I thought back then that school wouldn’t be that dull.

When And Where Were You Happiest? I had a blast when I travelled with my parents to New York on early September 2001. The Twin Towers too.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5: George Patton, Gregg Popovich, Joseph Scheider, Michael Jordan, Kurosawa.

What did Your Parents Do? Doctors.

How Do You Relax? Procastinating like a god. Mixing funky music. Going to the gym. Videogaming. And that biweekly tabletop rpg session.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I quit smoking every day. And I fail. Miserably. - My girlfriend still thinks that I’m smarter than her. Poor girl. - I hate dogs.

What brought you to Millarworld?: I have been lurking for a while. Time to say hi, cheers, and lurk again.

At least you’re honest about it!

Name: Alexandre Togeiro Torres

DOB : August 26th, 1980

Occupation: Civil servant during the day and freelance illustrator dilettante at night.

Fave Comics Ever: Watchmen, Light Of Thy Countenance, Saga, Birthright, Promethea, Wolverine, Lobo, Conan, X-Men 2099 and Alex Ross comics!

Last Good Comic You Read: The Autumlands. Kurt Busiek delivers a strange story and Benjamin Dewey’s art is incredible!

Fave Movies Ever: Braveheart, Desperado, Fight Club, Matrix,The Chronicles of Riddick, Memento, Limitless, Interstellar, Evil Dead.

Last Good Movie You Saw: Warcraft - it was very entertaining and I was curious to see how they’d pull off the 3D orcs.

What’s your Earliest Memory? A family party at a house in the woods, when I was around 6. The house was beautiful, with glass sliding doors and a floor made of long wooden planks. The pool was maintained poorly though, its water was greenish and it was filled with autumn leaves.

When And Where Were You Happiest? I think happiness is a state of mind and varies with age; I’ve had many ‘happiest’ moments. One was the day I got married. It was huge and on the same day I was finally called to take a government job. I had been waiting for months, after passing a test for the position. This is the job that gave me financial independence and allowed me to return to art.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Trent Reznor, David Lynch. Alan Moore, Tarantino and Stan Lee.

What did Your Parents Do? My father is an engineer and my mother is a poet and writer.

How Do You Relax? Drawing or painting is a true meditation for me; time passes quickly and smoothly. I also like to read a good comic or watch a good movie or tv series. I like to dose series episodes more than doing marathons, so I can enjoy it for a longer period of time and savor each individual episode.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You:

1. Funnily, this one is Mark’s secret in reverse: people know me as the guy who draws since forever, but I’ve been writing often - just for myself and a select few people. No commercial/professional aspect either, to keep it fun - and it’s been VERY fun (Bonus: I like to write in english, my secondary language - native tongue is portuguese).

2. I love collecting random facts of all sorts from any subject: technology, culture, biology, history, music, politics, religion, whether it is immediately useful for me or not. I add these tidbits to sheets in an (somethings clunky) attempt to categorize and organize everything.

3. I’m a mostly self-taught beginner guitar player. I have written several songs and arranged them thematically into an album. I had to quit guitar class to study and get a job though, so I never came around to actually finish the musical part and recording it.

Name: Robert Simpson

DOB : 24 February

Fave Comics Ever: Batman: Year One, All-Star Superman, Secret Warriors, Preacher.

Last Good Comic You Read: The Omega Men

Fave Movies Ever: Jaws, There Will Be Blood, The Dark Knight, Network, No Country For Old Men.

Last Good Movie You Saw: The Nice Guys

What’s your Earliest Memory? Slipping on ice when I was a toddler.

When And Where Were You Happiest? A Pacific NW state park being awed by waterfalls and having a sore face from smiling so much.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Jason Latour, Frank Quitely, Grant Morrison, Gene Hackman, Nick Pitarra.

What did Your Parents Do? Nurse and Auto Parts Salesman.

How Do You Relax? Shooting the shit with friends.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I wrote an eighty page Batman version of IN COLD BLOOD that will never seen the light of day. I occasionally spend my afternoons at the office working on comics. I beat The Simpsons arcade game on my 10th birthday.

Name: William Robert Webb III (Tho my friends just call me Rob)

DOB: June 13 1986 (Which Also happened to be a Friday and the same day that Kat Dennings was born on)

Occupation: Jack of Many creative Trades (Filmmaker, Writer, Youtuberr and etc.). My filmography can be found here on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5032254/ and my youtube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Tetsuothegreat I’ve also selfpublished a novel about the fake history of a fictional comic book company.

Fave Comics Ever: Too many to list.

Last Good Comics I Read: Bezerk Vol. 9 by Kentaro Miura and Batman Earth One by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank

Name; abe rosa

Date of birth; 12/01/76

Occupation; small business owner in the automotive
industry.
I also have self published two books in a three part series. It is story about a super hero fighting for a different kind of cause. amazon.com/author/aberosa

Favorite comics ever; flash : rebirth, and the Greyson series.

Last good comic you read; huck numbers 1-4

Favorite movies ever: the fast and furious series, pitch perfect 1&2, and guardians of the Galaxy.

Last good movie I saw; mechanic resurrection.

My earliest memory; pulling into McDonald’s off of Route 66 when I was 3 years old. We were in a school bus moving to AZ from Michigan.

Name your ideal dinner party of 5; Ronald Reagan, Rush Limbaugh, Jesus, my wife, my daughter Samantha.

What did your parents do; owned a car lot, owned a news paper, and owned a small gold mine in central AZ.
(My dad was always starting new businesses when he got tired of doing something.)

How do you relax; go to church, and hang out with my wife, who is my best friend, and 16 yr old daughter. She always is conning me into watching movies and shows I normally would not watch. Which is the reason pitch perfect is one of my favorites.