millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Brand new INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

Name: DJ, Dave, David, Lucian, Dooom, Asshole. I go by many names.

DOB : Jan '79

Fave Comics Ever: Promethea, Invisibles, Watchmen, All-Star Superman, V For Vendetta, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Miracleman, Morrison’s New X-Men, Superman Red Son, Moore’s Swamp Thing

Last Good Comic You Read: Private Eye

Fave Movies Ever: Akira, Spirited Away, Oldboy, The Matrix, The Prestige, Wall-E

Last Good Movie You Saw: Jungle Book

What’s Your Earliest Memory? Living on an acreage in Alberta, waking up early one morning to find a baby deer tangled in our barbed wire fence. I remember feeding it orange juice as it bled all over my kitchen floor. It recovered and was able to leave, I think. I actually don’t remember the outcome. Let’s just go with the happy ending.

When And Where Were You Happiest? This is currently the best version of me and my life. Life gets better and better every day.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Joe Rogan, Joey Diaz, Duncan Trussell, Ari Shaffir, Eddie Bravo

What Did Your Parents Do? Administrative and Carpenter

How Do You Relax? Smoke weed. Yoga. Watch anime and read comics.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I’m a picky eater. I have the ability to get so angry that my blood boils, pretty sure literally.

What Brought Me To Millarworld: I’ve been a member since, gotta be like 2004 or close to then. I don’t actually even remember how I discovered it.

Name:
Stuart David Scott

DOB :
Valentines Day, 1986

Manager of User Experience Consultancy, and aspiring Comic Writer.

Fave Comics Ever:
Claremont X-Men, Fraction Iron Man, Snyder Batman, Miller / Bendis / Brubaker Daredevil, Johns Justice League

Last Good Comic You Read:
Chrononauts, I was hoping it would come up in this years competition, lol.

Fave Movies Ever:
Jurassic Park, Aliens, Avengers, BTTF, Star Wars (originals), Gladiator, Star Trek (originals), Universal Soldier, V for Vendetta, Indiana Jones

Last Good Movie You Saw:
Jurassic World

What’s your Earliest Memory?:
I have video footage of a 2 year old me screaming at my brother for helping me to open my birthday present. It was a Fisherprice Garage.

When And Where Were You Happiest?:
Friday night dinners at my Nan’s when I was younger.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5?:
Joke answer - She-Hulk, Harley Quinn, Princess Leia, Clara Oswald, Cortana from Halo :wink:

Serious answer - Stan Lee (the mans a legend), Dan Slott (to find out how he plots out his storylines), Charles Soule (to find out how he juggles a legal practice and multiple titles), Chris Clarement (to talk about X-men), Geoff Berlanti (to discuss the Arrowverse)

What Do Your Parents Do?:
Mum = Administrator, Dad = Shipping clerk

How Do You Relax?:
I don’t really relax. I am less stressed when spending time with my girlfriend, watching cult TV or reading!

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You:

1. I’ve not been able to sleep properly since commissioning artists for my anthology.
  2. I built a telepresence robot for my MSc dissertation project.
  3. I’m constantly on a quest for self actualisation. I like the phrase ‘what a man can be he must be’ . However I never feel like I’m doing enough, or moving fast enough, to meet my potential.

Name: Fernando R. Valencia

DOB : 19 July 1977

Fave Comics Ever: The Maxx, Lobo, Demon, Age of Apocalypse, Hitman, Providence, Luna bros.

Last Good Comic You Read: Secret Wars. Not the actual series, all the tie in books that go with it. This might sound nuts but M.O.D.O.K. Assassin was fun read & Secret Wars Too was hilarious.

Fave Movies Ever: Kung-fu Hustle, Basket Case, Death Proof, The Raid & anything with Clint Eastwood.

Last Good Movie You Saw: Aftershock. You think it’s just a disaster film but it’s so much worse.

What’s your Earliest Memory? Don’t know how old is was but I remember riding a Mickey Mouse trike & falling down stairs. I don’t know why a trike would be upstairs but it was. I ask my mom about it & she has no idea what I’m talking about. Maybe it was a dream. Is my earliest memory a dream? Is that possible?

When And Where Were You Happiest? In about 10 months when I retire.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Sam Kieth, Alan Moore, H.P. Lovecraft, Chuck Palahniuk & my Grandpa.

What did Your Parents Do? Dad: Ironworkers Union Rep.
Mom: Is a stay at home mom

How Do You Relax? Yelling at privates or binge watching Netflix

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I love my job & I kinda don’t want to retire.
Kinda obsessed with Hobby Lobby.
I was named after the Abba song. Plus my middle name isn’t Danger. It’s Roberto. I like to mess with my wife & tell her that I went to school with Lady Gaga & that she had a thing for me that’s why the Alejandro song has my first & middle name.

Name: Joe Sanchez

DOB : July 26 1977

Fave Comics Ever: Hellboy
Last Good Comic You Read: The Metabarons saga.
Fave Movies Ever: Blade Runner
Last Good Movie You Saw: Pi The Order of Chaos

What’s your Earliest Memory? Fishing with my dad, I must have been around 4 years old.
When And Where Were You Happiest? Back when I was 10 in California.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Ridley Scott, JRR Martin, Lovecraft, Tolkien.

What did Your Parents Do? Chemical Engineer, Doctor.

How Do You Relax? I draw and watch movies, I’d go fishing if I could though, but I currently live far away from any lakes or rivers.
Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I love spending time home in my studio, not really a city person. If I could live far away from the buzzle of the city I would without a doubt.

Name: Michael Loveland

DOB : 9/11 - in 1954.

Fave Comics Ever: Planetary, Dark Knight Returns, StormWatch-Authority, Snyder and Capullo’s Court of Owls run, Earth/Universe/Paradise X, and what that pair of visual drug dealers are doing with Jupiter’s Legacy.

Last Good Comic You Read: I only read good comics.

Fave Movies Ever: Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, Star Wars (Episodes IV-VII), Blade Runner, Lord of the Rings (both Bakshi and Jackson), about a billion more.

Last Good Movie You Saw: Captain America: Civil War

What’s your Earliest Memory? (This sounds Freudian, but it’s not.) Crawling down a hot hallway, the runner carpet bunching up, towards the living room where it was a heck of a lot cooler. What follows is a jumbled bit where I do believe the parental units returned me to bed with extreme prejudice…

When And Where Were You Happiest? Last year of college. Good job, great prospects in the field, good relationship, stable home life, looking forward to grad school. The music was really good. That would be L.A./Hollywood circa 1975-1976.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Helen Mirren, Whoopi Goldberg, Nicola Scott, Stevie Nicks and Barry Obama.

What did Your Parents Do? Dad was a musician, then a soldier, then ran restaurants. Mom raised four half-sisters, worked at Hughes Aircraft and after dad passed was an antiques dealer.

How Do You Relax? At this point, my whole life is fairly relaxed. I consider that a victory.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I once taught archery and pioneering as a field and trails type person. My singing voice can kill at twenty paces. I can operate about any kind of boat up to about 30’ or so.

Name: Simon Mandrake Jones

DOB : XX/XX/1975 - date redacted…I don’t do birthdays.

Fave Comics Ever: Daredevil Born Again, Alan Moore’s Captain Britain, Amazing Spider-Man, Dark Night: A True Batman Story and Daredevil issue 10 (by Mark Waid and Chris Samnee).

Last Good Comic You Read: Injection, Empress, Ivar, Timewalker.

Fave Movies Ever: The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, Vertigo, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Superman the Movie, The Good The Bad and The Ugly. The Magnificent Seven, The Verdict, Die Hard, Brazil, Almost Famous…I could go on and on

Last Good Movie You Saw: I rewatched Young Frankenstein last week. It still cracks me up. And I saw the documentary The Best of Enemies.

What’s your Earliest Memory? Waking up on Christmas morning and seeing a Fozzie Bear toy at the end of the bed.

When And Where Were You Happiest?: Dancing with my wife on the lawn outside the marquee before we did our big entrance to the wedding reception (to Sweet Home Chicago by The Blues Brothers).

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5?: My ideal dinner party would bring together my vast array of Millarworld buddies. Of course it would be impossible and unfair to try and whittle the number down to a mere five. So, in lieu of you guys - Tom Stoppard, Steven Moffat, Alan Moore, Mark Millar and my brother Howard.

What did Your Parents Do?: My folks owned a small bakery shop.

How Do You Relax?: I don’t really…I’m a worrier. I liked to read a lot though.

• I hate having my picture taken.
  • I like dogs more than (most) people.
  • I have a massive collection of Doctor Who Audio dramas.

*** I might be fibbing slightly about my middle name. :wink:

It’s really “Mandingo”, is it not?

I don’t have a middle name. I used to have a complex about it when I was a kid because everyone else in primary school did. One day our teacher (Mrs. Groves) was going through the class and commenting on all our names and saying “You were named after a saint”…It was Ireland in the early 80’s. As you can imagine, there were a lot of people named after saints. So she said that to me…and it didn’t sit right.

So when my Dad picked me up from school at 2:30, I asked him about it. He said that I wasn’t named after a saint. I was named after The Saint - Simon Templar. Apparently my mother and father were sitting on the sofa one night, watching Roger Moore right wrongs, and thought to themselves - “Now that’s a nice name. Must file that away for the future.”

Thus I was named Simon.

I’m just happy they weren’t watching Star Trek or The Prisoner or something like that. Or the Huckleberry Hound Show.

My full name is Kevin Thomas Kenmuir Wright. If asked I give it and add on “the third” just for the hell of it.

I used to go to school with a guy called Maurice Fitzmaurice. Apparently he was Maurice Fitzmaurice the Third…For three generations, they couldn’t come up with anything better.

Apologies to Mossie, who was a really nice guy I hasten to add.

There’s a town down the road from me where a large amount of male’s have names Bill/ William / Billy and so do their parent’s and so do their children.
In fact I’m pretty sure there’s a footballer in the Sfpl named Billy King after his father and grandfather.

Name: Dave Wallace

Favourite Comics Ever: Spider-Man (Lee/Ditko), Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, Year One, Moore’s Swamp Thing, Ultimates, Daredevil (Miller and also Bendis), Ronin, Asterios Polyp, Sin City, I could go on and on…

Last Good Comic You Read: Watchmen #4

Favourite Movies Ever: Spirited Away, Back To The Future, Terminator 1 & 2, Lost In Translation, The Matrix

Last Good Movie You Saw: The BFG

What’s your Earliest Memory? Reading Mr Tickle with my mum.

When And Where Were You Happiest? Three days: my wedding day, the birth of my daughter and the birth of my son.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Alan Moore, Einstein, George Orwell, Quentin Tarantino, Ozzy Osbourne

What did Your Parents Do? Have lots of kids.

How Do You Relax? Reading. Drawing. Good food and drink.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I often get my left and right confused. I wish I could dance well. I have never drunk a milkshake.

Name: Demian Barreto Guerrero
I’m from Guadalajara, Mexico.

DOB: April 18, 1996

Fave Comics: Animal Man by Jeff Lemire, All-Star Superman by Grant Morrison, Swamp Thing by Scott Snyder and Charles Soule, Valiant’s Unity by Matt Kindt, Valiant’s Harbinger by Joshua Dysart, The Material by Ales Kot and Sweet Tooth by Jeff Lemire.

Last Good Comic You Read: Zero by Ales Kot, Bucky Barnes The Winter Soldier by Ales Kot, The Material by Ales Kot and Captain America by Rick Remender.

Fave Movies Ever: The Raid one and two, Total Recall, Man of Steel, Enemy and Evil Dead trilogy.

What’s your earliest memory? Watching my dad run in a race, he’s an Olympic athlete.

When and where were you happiest? In my eighteen birthday. Best party ever.

Name Your ideal dinner party of 5? Warren Ellies, Jeff Lemire, Johnathan Hickman, Kendrick Lamar and Vince Staples.

What did your parents do? My dad was an Olympic athlete and my mom a nutriologist.

How do you relax? I write all the time and if I’m not writing i go to the basketball court and get them buckets. If i can’t go play basketball I drink beer.

3 secrets: Sometimes I like to hear Backstreet boys, haha. Here in Guadalajara we have one of the biggest books conventions, the FIL (Feria Internacional de Libros) My mom gave me 800 pesos for books and I wasted it all in beer and vodka. Really good party though. And once i stole two kitkat chocolate bars from a store.

Name: Chris S

DOB : June 1978

Fave Comics Ever: 2000ad, Preacher, Morrison Batman run, Shade, The Filth, Rachel Rising, Punisher Max, Revival, Old Man Logan, 1985, Watchmen, Neonomicon, Animal Man, Seaguy, Ex Machina…I could be here all day so I’ll stop now.

Last Good Comic You Read: Cinema Purgatorio # 4 earlier today

Fave Movies Ever: Lost Boys, Donnie Darko, Dumb & Dumber, Kill Bill, The Wedding Singer, Observe and Report

Last Good Movie You Saw: The Conjuring 2 was the last time I managed the cinema and I enjoyed it despite its flaws

What’s your Earliest Memory? Choking on a penny or getting bit off a dog, can’t work out which was earlier.

When And Where Were You Happiest? School years in summer when my family was all still alive

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? My grandfather, my gran, Alan Moore, Gordon Strachan, Donald Trump (for the fireworks)

How Do You Relax? I’m never really relaxed but I’m working on that, reading and red wine together is probably the closest I get. I tend to read to try and relax.

I’m laid back 95% of the time but once my buttons are pushed there’s very little I can do to reel myself in.
I find something attractive in all women.
I used to love being drunk, but now I drink in (relative) moderation because I hate the idea of a hangover wiping out a full day of my life and it’s made me a bore at parties which I resent deeply!

At least Alan Moore is going to be well-fed from all our dinner parties.

Name: Darryl Murphy

DOB: March 19, 1992

Fave Comics Ever: Spawn 67, Hulk dead like me part 4

Last good comic i read: infinity issue 20

Favorite Movies: captain america civil war, incredible hulk, spiderman 3, spawn, blade.

Last good movie i saw: suicide squad

What is your earliest memory: finishing my paperwork for the day at my job.

When and where were you happiest: when i first met the love of my life here in San Diego California.

Name your ideal dinner party of five: Chris brown, Spike lee, Stan lee, Joe Mad, Carlos d’andas.

What did my parents do: construction, raising a family of 10

How do you relax: i draw comics and write,i play the piano and i dance and sleep. And i spend time with my girlfriend.

3 secrets about me: i drew a ninja turtles piece at the hero initiative event in san diego that will be in the hero initiative 100 project book this fall.

I acted in spike lees movoe chiraq and also worked background as a stand in.

I handle interational flights for japan airlines.

Name: Lorcan Nagle

DOB : July 15th 1977

Occupation: Knower of arcane computer information, political activism on the side.

Fave Comics Ever: Watchmen, Akira, Appleseed, Promethea, ABC Warriors, Charley’s War, Shutterbox, Joe Casey’s Wildcats run, Transformers UK

Last Good Comic You Read: Ivar, Timewalker

Fave Movies Ever: Citizen Kane, 2001

Last Good Movie You Saw: Thje Wind Rises

What’s your Earliest Memory? Meeting my adoptive brother in the foster home

When And Where Were You Happiest? Bob alone knows

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Dinner parties so aren’t my scene.

What did Your Parents Do? Dad was an accountant, but sells cars to keep busy post retirement, Mum did a lot of things

How Do You Relax? Tabletop gaming, modelmaking, writing, occasional computer games.

ha haaaaaa, nice try.

That’s awesome, my mum was an athlete in her prime, one of the best in Ireland in the late 70s/early 80s though she never made it to the Olympics.

I’m one of those new members (though I was a frequent contributor to the original MW forums)! Reboot!

Name: Alex Thompson

DOB : Virgo/Libra cusp in the year of the Horse.

Fave Comics Ever: So many, but… Locke & Key, Saga, Ultimate Spider-Man, Supreme Power, Strangers in Paradise, The Maxx, Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns, Daredevil: Man Without Fear, Preacher…

Last Good Comic You Read: I just read Frank Cho’s Skybourne #1. A visual treat.

Fave Movies Ever: Again, we’ll be here forever… Alien, Aliens, The Matrix, John Carpenter’s The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Evil Dead (original & reboot), The Mist, The Dark Knight, Dawn of the Dead (original & remake), The Fly, Gattaca, Jurassic Park, Negotiator, The Ruins, Scream, Tombstone, Terminator, Terminator 2 // More recent: Ex Machina, Fury Road, Winter Soldier,

Last Good Movie You Saw: Zootopia was everything everyone hyped it up to be

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Sanaa Lathan, Priyanka Chopra, Scarlett Johansson, Charlize Theron, Cassandra Peterson/Elvira

What did Your Parents Do? Law Enforcement and housewife

How Do You Relax? Laid back (with my mind on my money and my money on my mind)

Name: Louise (aka Tiny Tigress)

DOB : A lady never tells :wink:

Fave Comics Ever: Actually one of @Mark_Millar’s! Loved Enemy of the State, and I’m obsessed with anything Wolverine related (Marvel fan girl!)

Last Good Comic You Read: All New X-Men and All New Wolverine

Fave Movies Ever: Gladiator, Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Jurassic Park

Last Good Movie You Saw: Bad Moms, it was actually really funny!

What’s your Earliest Memory? I broke my elbow when I fell off the monkey bars >.<

When And Where Were You Happiest? My university years. It’s where I started Aikido, met my current partner (still together 7 years laters!), traveled the world and spent my days engrossed in books learning

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Hugh Jackman, Chris Claremont, John Williams, Jackie Chan, Shigeru Miyamoto

What did Your Parents Do? Teacher and sweet inventor!

How Do You Relax? Martial arts and creating costumes for my cosplays

• I’m a metal-head that also has a love of Robbie Williams
  • Despite all the martial arts and fitness stuff I do, I hate going to the gym or running as much as the rest of you
  • I once threw up in a kids playground dressed as Mystique