millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Brand new INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

Name: Stephen Flores

DOB : March 1985

Fave Comics Ever: Batman Vol. 3: Death of the Family, Black Science, Civil War, Saga.

Last Good Comic You Read: Extremity #1 by: Daniel Warren Johnson

Fave Movies Ever: The Godfather, Casablanca, Shawshank Redemption, Aliens, Forrest Gump

Last Good Movie You Saw: Strangers on a Train.

What’s your Earliest Memory? My 3rd birthday and my mothers friend was a clown. I never was scared of clowns because of this moment I guess.

When And Where Were You Happiest? When my wife cuddles close to me.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Kevin Smith, Jon Favreau, Jack Kirby, Greg Capullo.

What did Your Parents Do? Special Education Teacher, & Security Guard.

How Do You Relax? Smoke a cigar and sit in the patio or in the pool.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You:1: I love going to Disney world, I believe it’s cause I like the idea of a place where happiness and creativity come first. 2: I daydream of me and my wife going away on vacation all the time. 3: I want another kid (I have 3).

Name: Francis

DOB: August 88

Fave comics ever: V for Vendetta, Superman: Red Son, Superman ‘For the man who has everything’, and Few. (Must admit I’m a latecomer to comics, so have a large amount of catching up to do. Recommendations welcome.)

Last good comic you read: Few

Fave 5 movies ever: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Jungle Book, Battle Royale, Die Hard, and Up

Last good movie you saw: Get Out

What’s your earliest memory? Opening a birthday present of Duplo.

When and where were you happiest? No single moment, but lots of occasions that bring me happiness

Name your ideal dinner party of 5? Muhammad Ali, Frida Kahlo, Hayao Miyazaki, George Orwell and Frank Keating. I’d also really like to go running with Haruki Murakami

What did your parents do? Both in telecommunications

How do you relax? Rum. TV/Film. Friends. Sometimes all three at once.

Tell us 3 secrets about you: 1. I applied for the role of Ron Weasley and missed out on being a double because I didn’t live within an hour of filming. 2. I had a disease in my leg for almost a decade. 3. I’m not a fan of hot drinks, specifically coffee. Tried it one time. Won’t be doing it again.

Welcome!

Except for the coffee thing. That’s just weird.

Ric Rags here. It’s great to meet you guys!
I see a lot of talented people here it’s impressive.
I write my own comics and pay artists to bring them to life.
Hit me up if you’re a skilled artist who likes Sci Fi and doesn’t have any problem with things getting a little raw and rowdy. (In comics. I should have specified.)

Hey Everyone,

I signed up to Millar World a while back but have been busy and forgot to come back and hang out. I look forward to checking out the new threads as they come and get into what this forum is all about. SO here is my run down:

Name: Plaid Klaus

DOB: June 12, 1984

Fave Comics Ever: Watchmen, Day Tripper, Umbrella Academy, Sing no Evil

Last Good Comic You Read: Limbo (Caspar Wijngaard and Dan Waters)

Fave Movies Ever: Donny Darko, Fight Club, Indiana Jones: Last Crusade

Last Good Movie You Saw:

Earliest Memory: Creating paper cutout TMNT in preschool. Used paper pins for movable arms and everything. I remember the whole class gathered around and wanted me to make them some.

When And Where Were You Happiest? Climbing trees as a kid. I wanted to live up there.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Duncan Trussell, Terrance McKenna, Kevin Smith, Grant Morrison, Patti Smith

What did Your Parents Do? Small town lawyer & Stay at home mother (of 5 kids)

How Do You Relax? Bike Ride, Mountain Climb or just a good walk.

Also, I got a book coming out real soon with a great writer, Ryan O’Sullivan. I’ll be updating with a post next month when it goes to previews. Here’s a teaser!

That art looks pretty crisp… :slight_smile:

Name: Fred James Chamberlain IV

Joined some time back, but haven’t made the time to explore much… because I am a schmuck and easily distracted by shiny things.

DOB : January 13, 1968

Fave Comics Ever: Ross Andru’s Amazing Spider-Man run, Claremont and Byrne’s MTU, Incredible Hulk #227, Superman vs. Spider-Man, the first few years of the original Jonah Hex series

Last Good Comic You Read: Loving Grass Kings, published by BOOM!, written by Matt Kindt and watercolor art by Tyler Jenkins

Fave Movies Ever: Good Will Hunting, Harvey, Popeye (yeah, I said it)

Last Good Movie You Saw: Wonder Woman

What’s your Earliest Memory? vague memories of early childhood in Essex, VT.

When And Where Were You Happiest? During my involvement with weekend retreat and leadership programs during late high school. It changed the personal and professional directions of my life.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Robin Williams, Garcia-Lopez, Gandhi, John Lennon and me… yeah, Yoko and me.

What did Your Parents Do? Dad was a wholesale buyer for sporting goods. Mom worked doing administrative and secretarial jobs.

How Do You Relax? Love to laugh. Shared reflections with others. Comics or some good flicks

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: Moved around about once a year for much of my child school years, from VT, ME, VT, TN, PA. Assisted Steve Gerber as a consultant on his final comic series. The man was so smart, our email correspondences made my head hurt. I hate avocados, despite not knowing what they taste like.

Welcome aboard Fred4. Is your name really Mark Millar or Fred Chamberlain? :smile:

That’s what ya get for allowing a technological idiot to type without a license. I originally cut and pasted. Just edited. Thanks!

I thought Mark may have been messing with us for a minute there.

Oh thank Grudd! Another psychologist! I love avocados!

You are not alone. I also hate avocados. I hate the texture of them. I find them really disgusting.

Name: Julian Smith

Fave Comics Current: Superior, Jupiter Leg., Jupiter Circle, Nemesis, Kick-Ass, Superman, Batman, Super Sons, Action Comics, Wonder Woman, Trinity, Flash, Justice League, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Teen Titans, etc.

Fave Comics Ever And Ever: Superman: Secret Origins, Superman: Brainiac, Superman: Legion of Superheroes, Superman: Earth One and Batman: Earth One and Wonder Woman: Earth One.

Fave movies: Superman, Dark Knight, MOS (coolest scenes) and Wonder Woman.

Secret Crush: Emphasis in “secret”.

How you would like to die: In peace.

The last time you punched someone: Never in my life.

Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring? Maybe, I have Superman’s morals and values.

What’s your Earliest Memory?
2002: the first time I saw Superman: the Movie. Christopher Reeve was awesome…

When And Where Were You Happiest?
2002: Superman: the Movie, 2008: Dark Knight, 2013: MOS, and 2017: Wonder Woman.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5?
All Superman actors and their respective Lois Lanes chatting about a hopeful and optimistic DCEU in my house backyard.

What did Your Parents Do?
Teacher, housewife-almost teacher.

How Do You Relax?
Baseball and read cool books.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You:
I love Superman.
I love DC.
I love hardworking and get stuff thought my own effort.

What brought me to Millarworld: Superman: Red Son, Superior, Kick-Ass and Nemesis comics.

Welcome, Jul-Smith!

I hate to break it to you, buddy… But that is hardly a secret at this point. :wink:

Hahahahhah I love this guy soo funnyyyyyyy

Name: Aaron Michael Parker

DOB: November 7, 1980

Fave Comics Ever: Hard to narrow down.

Last Good Comic You Read: Invincible

Fave Movies Ever: Star Wars: A New Hope, Army of Darkness, Wonder Woman, Deadpool

What’s your Earliest Memory? Changing schools in first grade. (I have had lots of concussions…)

When And Where Were You Happiest? I can always find a reason to be happy.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Stan Lee, Kevin Smith, Matt Damon, Joss Whedon, and Mark Hamill.

What did Your Parents Do? My mom was a nurse, and my dad was a mechanic

How Do You Relax? I’m a single dad, so I have no clue what that means.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: Let’s…let’s not get into that yet.

Wow! After reading just a bit of your blog/bio, I wish I had even a tenth of your confidence and drive. What an exotic and multifarious life you lead.

Name: Sebastian Gomez

DOB : June 22, 1988

Fave Comics Ever: Dark Knight Returns, Old man Logan, The Court of Owls, Batman Hush, The Killing Joke, American Vampire (All Volumes)

Last Good Comic You Read: Umbrella Academy (Apocalypse Suite and Dallas) by Gerard Way and Gabriel Ba.

Fave Movies Ever: Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones (Temple of Doom), Pulp Fiction, Catch me if you can, The Dark Night, Mad Max: Fury Road, Saving Private Ryan, Bad Boys 2, Pan’s Labyrinth, Logan

What’s your Earliest Memory? I remember making a whole set of dinosaurs and and prehistoric plants out of clay and putting them in a tub to create a world. Then i just left it there for my mom to find it in the morning to wake me up yelling.

When And Where Were You Happiest? It was a year or two after I got to the U.S and I was 12 years old. Everyday was an adventure with my new found friends which are still my friends now and basically consider them family.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Dave Chappelle, Jim Lee, Frank Frazetta, Eminem, Tarantino
What did Your Parents Do? Cleaning Lady at a hospital and Custodian at a school.

How Do You Relax? Watch movies, Play basketball, hang out with friends

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I like the Hunger Games books, I’ve never been punched in the face (would like to keep it that way), I am terrified of clowns (Thanks Stephen King).

What brought me to Millardworld: I saw the 2017 Artist submission thread but i was too late for it. but if anyone is curious to check my work out you can go to my website: http://gomezsillustration.com/

Good looking panel! Im also an artist just a year out of school trying to survive the freelance life. here is my website if want to check out my work http://gomezsillustration.com/

Welcome aboard!

I’m most afraid of Stephen King being dressed like a clown!