millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Brand new INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

I totally understand. I was a barista for 12 years and called 5 shots of espresso over ice “breakfast”. :wink:

Name: J. M. Bryan

DOB : February 19, 1990

Fave Comics Ever: V for Vendetta, Watchmen, Batman: The Long Halloween,

Last Good Comic You Read: Paper Girls vol. 2, The Fix vol. 1, and Seven to Eternity #4

Fave Movies Ever: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Punisher, Return of the Jedi, Fight Club

Last Good Movie You Saw: Rogue One:A Star Wars Story

What’s your Earliest Memory? Knocking over the trash can and playing in the trash as a boy.

When And Where Were You Happiest? The first time I held my daughters.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? David Fincher, Aaron Sorkin, William Faulkner, John Steinbeck, and Tolkien.

What did Your Parents Do? Pastor and Secretary

How Do You Relax? I play video games, read, or go out and play sports.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I write with a pen name because I’m afraid of what people I know will think of me. Sometimes I pretend to go to the bathroom to try and get work done at home. I’m not a big fan of current superhero comics.

Name: Adrian M. Nelson

DOB : Feb 3 1973

Fave Comics Ever: Dark Knight Returns, Batman Year One,X-Men (Claremont run), Kingdom Come, Strikeforce Moritori. Invincible, Naruto

Last Good Comic You Read: Re-Read of Avengers Annual #9

Fave Movies Ever: Pulp Fiction, Akira, Dope

Last Good Movie You Saw: Fences

What’s your Earliest Memory? Sitting in a car seat looking up into the sky oblivious that a safteybelt would save my life if we got into an accident. Also, playing on a green machine… google it.

When And Where Were You Happiest?The birth of my first child.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Michael Golden, Frank Miller, Dave Chapelle, Ice Cube and Tarantino.

What did Your Parents Do? Nurse and Truck Driver.

How Do You Relax? Sleep

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I’m nervous in public, I joke to hide my nervousness, the only place where hair doesn’t appear on my body is at the top of my head.

This is the only forum on the internet I use and I fucking love it. Millarworld needs more attention. I want more Millarverse books.

What did you have for second breakfast? :slight_smile:

More espresso. :wink:

Name: Emanuele Bosco

Fave Comics Ever: Watchmen, The Dark Knight Returns, Maus, Flex Mentallo, All Star Superman, Grant Morrison’s Batman, Planetary, Authority, Days of Future Past, Airtight Garage

Last Good Comic You Read: Scott Snyder’s All Star Batman

Fave Movies Ever: 2001: Space Odyssey, The Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Blade Runner, Taxi Driver, The Lord of the Rings, Old Boy, The Dark Knight

Last Good Movie You Saw: Arrival

What’s your Earliest Memory?: Playing with my dad

When And Where Were You Happiest? I’m always happy

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Grant Morrison, Thomas Pynchon, Stanley Kubrick, Umberto Eco, Alan Moore

What did Your Parents Do? Secondary school teachers

How Do You Relax? Reading, Watching movies, Crossfit

Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring?
I guess not

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: “3 Secrets About You”

What brought me to Millarworld: The 2017 Writer Submission

Hi folks!
Name: Fabrício Bohrer

Fave Comics Ever: Hellboy The Right Hand of Doom, Conan, Fafhrd and Grey Mouser, Wolverine the Jungle
Adventure, Superman Secredt Identity, 100 bullets, Northlanders, Akira, One-Punch man, Siegfried,
Last Good Comic You Read: Empress and Southern Bastards.

Fave Movies Ever: Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Braveheart, The Lord of the Rings.

Last Good Movie You Saw: Hell or High Water

What’s your Earliest Memory?: A birthday party I think, that’s a triky question.

When And Where Were You Happiest? Definitely the birth of my son

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Heelboy, Wolverine, Batman, Judge Dredd and Conan

What did Your Parents Do? Veterinary doctor and primary school teacher

How Do You Relax? Reading, Watching movies, playing video games

Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring?
Hell’s yeah!

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: “3 Secrets About You”
What brought me to Millarworld: The 2017 Artist Submission

Name: Scott Edward Purcell

DOB: April 8, '72

Face Comics Ever: The Sandman Library, Locke & Key, Milligan & Allred’s X-Force/X-Statix, Preacher, Alan Moore’s entire career, but especially Supreme, Dark Knight Returns, Y: The Last Man…it’s endless

Last Good Comic: The most recent ish of Silver Surfer

Fave Movies: Mulholland Dr., Pulp Fiction, Superman II, Cuckoo’s Nest, Star Wars: A New Hope, Shawshank…again, endless

Earliest Memory: Scaling the tall bookshelf in my bedroom as a toddler, and the heart-dropping sensation of slowly falling backwards as the unit tipped over and crashed onto the bed with me under it.

Happiest: Impossible to quantify.

Ideal Dinner Party: Neil Gaiman, David Lynch, Kevin Smith, Bruce Springsteen, and Stephen King

Parents: Teacher and office worker

Relaxation: Music, hiking, and imagining new stories

3 Secrets: I’ve always loved ABBA. I cannot drive longer than ten minutes before calling another driver a “moron.” As a child, I secretly believed I was dead and experiencing some kind of afterlife.

Name: Ladell Belsidus

DOB: August 1st, 1981

Fave Comics: Supergod, Stormwatch-Authority(Ellis/Millar), Uncanny X-Men (Claremont/Lee), Brian Michael Bendis writing Luke Cage, 95% of Warren Ellis runs, Crimson and Grant Morrison Justice League.

Fave Movies: Matrix Films (yes all three…); Godfather 1 & 2, Unforgiven, Mr. Brooks, Pulp Fiction and Saving Private Ryan and 75% of Spielberg films.

Earliest Memory: Watching a yellow cup on my dinner table move across without anyone touching it.

Ideal Dinner Party: Buddha, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Jesus and Socrates.

Parents Career: Computer Programmer (mother) and Black Panther Bank Robber/Prisoner/Laborer for City of Dallas

Relax: Meditation

3 Secrets: I’ve written multiple articles dwelling into film, football and the theory of relativity. I always destroy them. Hmm. A real secret? I sometimes think about the passage of time and how slavery has impacted multiple cultures. I think about how the history of Earth is like a weird game of musical chairs. I get a spike of pure HATRED watching slave films…but all of my current friends/family are WHITE or of European descent. I enjoy Keanu Reeves films. I like reading books that I don’t understand in the outer chance of gaining some semblance of understanding.

Thank you for the questions! Pleased to meed everyone on here!

Thanks for sharing this Mark!

Ok, so I’ve been lurking around on the forums for a bit and trying to be a little more involved from time to time. I’ll play along and answer the Q&A!

Name: Stephanie Drew Cooke

DOB : September 18

Occupation: Writer, Editor, and Podcaster (also social media manager)

Fave Comics Ever: Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E., Y: The Last Man, Locke & Key

Last Good Comic You Read: Poppy and the Lost Lagoon by Matt Kindt and Brian Hurtt

Fave Movies Ever: Almost Famous, Pacific Rim, The Incredibles, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Last Good Movie You Saw: Kong: Skull Island

What’s your Earliest Memory? Falling off a tire swing in the playground of an apartment complex my parents lived in. I was probably 3? I remember the feeling of the wind being knocked out of me and the panic that the woman watching me had when she saw it happen.

When And Where Were You Happiest? I have two things… one sentimental from this amazing time when I was in high school, I had this perfect day on the beach with my friends just before I moved away for college. It had been raining everywhere else and we were worried the whole day would be ruined but we got to the beach and it was raining everywhere around us except on the beach where it was sunny and beautiful.

The other time was a bit more recent and satisfying… A couple friends and I launched a radio play and decided to perform each episode live and then release it as a podcast. We did 6 episodes in front of a live studio audience and I think that the story was a lot of fun and the first sort of serialized project that I saw through from start to finish. We had original music, sound effects, voice actors that actually auditioned and more. It was a very happy time (albeit anxious) for me.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Audrey Hepburn, Chris Evans, Jane Austen, Dan Harmon, Joss Whedon - I have no sound reasoning behind any of these other than I think they would just be very interesting to chat with.

What did Your Parents Do? Courier and bus driver

How Do You Relax? Watching something mindless after work, reading before bed and then once a week, going to do something silly that’s happening around the city that I might not have ordinarily gone out of my way to do.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: 1) I once pretended to be possessed by a ghost when I was about 10 to “break up” with a friend 2) I wanted to be a marine biologist when I was younger (I actually still do sometimes) and 3) My middle name is Drew, named after Drew Barrymore… my parents loved her as Gertie in ET and though her name was sweet.

You obviously have excellent taste in movies…I love Almost Famous. I think it is an under appreciated classic.

And welcome Stephanie.

Thank you! Oh my gosh, have you read Rockstars from Joe Harris and Megan Hutchison yet? Because that has SUCH an Almost Famous feel to it. But again, thank you for the welcome! :slight_smile:

I lost all respect for Almost Famous when it included Deep Purple’s Burn in a movie set in 1973. Appalling research!

But it’s still got the best soundtrack of any movie ever, so maybe I’ll forgive them the slip :wink:

That possession thing is maybe the greatest thing I’ve ever heard!

Welcome, Steph!!

MM

Name: Adam Jolly

DOB: March, 1977

Fave Comics Ever: Hellblazer, Watchmen, the John Byrne run on She-Hulk, DP7, the John Byrne run on Star Brand, the New Warriors, Preacher, West Coast Avengers, Saga

Last Good Comic I Read: ‘Muse’ by Terry Dodson and DP Filippi

Fave Movies Ever: The Princess Bride, The LoTR/Hobbit series, True Romance, Star Wars Episodes IV-VI, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last Good Movie I Saw: The Big Short

What’s My Earliest Memory: A sort of brown couch, I think? It had some kind of patterned fabric on it, and smelled of sour milk (which was probably my fault, since I was very little and by all accounts quite into milk at that age).

Behind the cushions, I found what was left of Father.

At least some of that is made up.

When and Where Was I Happiest? I really love filling out questionnaires. That’s probably what does it for me the most.

Name My Ideal Dinner Party of 5: Cthulhu. Just Cthulhu.

What Did My Parents Do: Teacher/Guidance Counselor and Admin Assistant

How Do I Relax: Video games, mostly.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: 1) I am not very forthcoming with my secrets. 2) I have difficulty counting to three. 4) I become standoffish and deflective when asked for what I perceive to be an excess of personal information.

Really, who else would you need?

If I’m the only one there, I’m guaranteed to be eaten first. :thinking: