millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Brand new INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread

LOTS of new members over the last two days with our lovely big break competition for writers and artists seeking to be in print for the very first time. We’ve got a nice little community here so now you’ve joined let’s see who you are. Just fill in the below where I have…

Name: Mark Edward Millar

DOB : Christmas Eve, 1969

Fave Comics Ever: Dark Knight Returns, Batman Year One, Miracleman, Kingdom Come, Alan Moore’s Superman, Gerry Conway’s Justice League. Almost any Superman from Cary Bates and Elliot S! Maggin.

Last Good Comic You Read: Re-Read Legends of the DCU #6, which is a master-class in how to write and draw a comic.

Fave Movies Ever: Superman, The Godfather, Jaws, Flash Gordon and The Incredibles.

Last Good Movie You Saw: 10 Cloverfield Lane

What’s your Earliest Memory? Jumping off the 12th stair in our hall at home as a toddler. I know it’s impossible and must be a false memory, but I remember counting back two from the top and jumping regularly. I’ve no idea where this memory came from.

When And Where Were You Happiest? As obvious as it sounds, when my 3rd kid was born and the other two were cuddled around and delighted.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Larry David, Don Rickles and Tarantino.

What did Your Parents Do? Cleaning Lady and labourer.

How Do You Relax? Couple of hours of phone calls with pals every day. Started running recently. Playing chess every day. Go to the pub pretty much all the time!

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I paint and draw all the time, but just for friends and family. Never commercial just so it doesn’t feel like job. I have never tasted fish or coffee (though ate a fish-finger about 3 years ago when my wife was trying to encourage the children to start eating fish). Coffee I’ve literally never tasted, though I almost sipped it once. When I was 14 I tried to call a comic convention in Birmingham and speak to Alan Moore, saying it was important. The organisers rightly pegged me as a nut and refused to call him over the Tannoy system.

Welcome to Millarworld - Now Introduce Yourself!
If you are new to MillarWorld...

FName: Matthew Leonard (YES Leonard) Garvey

DOB : Dec 4th 1981

Fave Comics Ever: Moore’s Swamp Thing, Dark Knight Returns, Old Man Logan, Geoff johns’ Green Lantern run & Kevin Smith’s Daredevil run

Last Good Comic You Read: Major Bummer & Hellboy

Fave Movies Ever: Fight club, jaws, Deadpool, big trouble in little China

Last Good Movie You Saw: Deadpool

What’s your Earliest Memory? sitting in a high chair at a pie mash shop eating a bowl of mash

When And Where Were You Happiest? Wedding day, standing there with the woman of my dreams.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5?
Louis CK, kurt Russell, Tarantino, joe quesada & Geoff johns

What did Your Parents Do? Ambulance driver and labourer.

How Do You Relax? Spend time with my wife…she makes me laugh…a lot…also, Write and make comics.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I always wanted to try be a stand up, but i can’t tell a joke to save my life…
(I can write jokes! Two both very different things)
I failed English at school…but I still write my own comics!
I didn’t touch my first boob until I was 18…(my own didn’t count up until then)

Name:
Maurizio Ricci

I live in Rome, Italy

Fave Comics Current:
Harrow Country, Providence, The Multiversity, Dark Night: A True Batman Story, Ragnarok, Über, Black Science, Manifest Destiny, Paper Girls, Thief Of Thieves, Doctor Strange, Vision, Moon Knight, The Sixth Gun, Sheriff of Babylon, Saga, Southern Bastards, etc.

Fave Comics Ever:
Since I do read comics also from the italian, french and japanese markets, I’ll list here only american comics:
Hellblazer, Garth Ennis stuff (particularly his run of The Punisher), anything Frank Miller, the Marvel years of Jack Kirby, the short Jim Steranko’s run on Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., Scalped, Jaime Hernandez’s Love & Rockets, Hellboy and spin-offs, Invincible, Killraven, Kamandi, most of Warren Ellis works (stand-outs: Stormwatch, The Authority, Planetary, Transmetropolitan), Grant Morrison’s Doom Patrol, Bone, Chris Claremont’s X-Men, John Byrne’s Fantastic Four, Carl Barks, WE3, Jim Starlin’s Warlock, DC: The New Frontier, countless more to be listed, expecially from back in the days.
(and I am not listing any Mark Millar’s work as it will be rightly seen as a form of ass-kissing, which is something I am not prone to)

Fave movies:
Peter Weir, John Milius, Stanley Kubrick, Takeshi Kitano, John Boorman and I am an expert of Italian and japanese movies and B-movies (spaghetti western, poliziottesco, chanbara, yakuza-eiga)

Secret Crush:
That’s a secret. :slight_smile:

How you would like to die:
To enter Walhalla I must die in the battlefield. But between the legs of a beautiful woman could be an acceptable secondary option.

The last time you punched someone:
Some months ago. Football related.

Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring?:
Obviously not. But most depends on what you mean with “being trusted”… :slight_smile:

What brought you to Millarworld?:
Being a fan of Mark Millar’s works I have been reading the forums from time to time since their creation. But, in all honestly, the reason that brought me here today is to register to partecipate in the Millarworld annual 2017 contest as a writer.

Name - George White
Age - 21
Country - Ireland
Fave Comics Current - Don’t read anything any much, in case I am influenced by trends.
Fave Comics Ever - 2000 AD, LXG, Doctor Who (esp. Dave Gibbons, Parkhouse and RIdgway, Roger Langridge’s TV Action), Tomb of Dracula, Tintin, Jack Kirby, etc.
Fave movies - Death on the Nile (1978)
Time Bandits (1981)
The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
Flash Gordon (1980)
The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976)
An American Werewolf in London (1981)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Quatermass and the Pit (1967)
The Italian Job (1969)
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
Hot Fuzz (2007)
Superman II (1980)
Theatre of Blood (1973)
From Beyond the Grave (1973)
The Boys from Brazil (1978)
The Medusa Touch (1978)
The Cassandra Crossing 1976
The Wild Geese (1978)
Favourite TV shows: Rising Damp, Fawlty Towers, Doctor Who, End of Part One, Whoops Apocalypse, Look Around You, Murder Most English, Quatermass.
Secret Crush - Jodelle Ferland
How you would like to die - Beheaded by a sheet of glass released from a truck in Italy, a la David Warner in the Omen, or die like James Gandolfini.
The last time you punched someone - my dad in bed, a few weeks ago.
Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring? - I’d probably sell it on Ebay.
What brought you to Millarworld? - Because I’ve been a fan of MIllar since I was eleven, and met him at Dublin Comic Expo when I was 12 and told him I had already realised the Tomorrow People had “influenced” not only his X Men but his Chitauri-Hitler storyline.

Name: Iván Arnal
Fave Comics Current: The Vision, Battling Boy, Chrononauts
Fave Comics Ever: The Uncanny X-Men, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, The Ultimates
Fave movies: The Big Lebowski, School Of Rock, Fight Club
Secret Crush: Sure, more than one
How you would like to die: Peacefully in my sleep
The last time you punched someone: I was, like, 13 or so. I usually was a quiet, thoughtful, happy kid, so my friends all freaked out. I guess I was pushed beyond my limits and really got pissed off.
Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring? I don’t think so, I forget about things.
What brought you to Millarworld? The enthusiastic recommendation of my pal Stuart.

Hi there guys, new member here!

Name Lucas Gattoni
Age 37
Country Argentina
Fave Comics Current Saga
Fave Comics Ever Robinson’s Starman
Fave movies Sixth Sense, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill
Secret Crush Ǩ^¨/%&·% (it’s secret!)*
How you would like to die Quickly and painless
The last time you punched someone Little brother, decades ago
Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring? Suuuuuuuure. Wait, what?
What brought you to Millarworld? I’ve read every single comics by MM, now I want to know more about the new Millarworld Annual submissions, since I’m a letterer. You can check my portfolio here.

Thanks, and I’ll see you around!

Name: Chris
Fave Comics Current: Southern Bastards, Saga, Sex Criminals, Batman, Huck.
Fave Comics Ever: Same.
Fave movies: The Big Lebowski, Fargo, 12 Angry Men, Shadow of a Doubt.
Secret Crush: She-Hulk.
How you would like to die: At 75, In space, equipped with an astronaut suit, with 2 hours of oxygen while David Bowie plays.
The last time you punched someone: As a teenager.
Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring? No.
What brought you to Millarworld? The Annual Competition.

Name: Eliana G. Ugarte

Fave Comics Current: Saga, Starlight, Huck, Barrier, Wicked + The Divine, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, Empress, Poe Dameron, Monstress

Fave Comics Ever And Ever: Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, Saga, Sandman

Fave movies: Blade Runner, Alien, The Lion King, Batman Returns, The Godfather, Interstellar, Return of the Jedi, Gone with the Wind. (Edit: I copied from the last one and forgot this line)

Secret Crush: Goran Parlov (don’t tell him)

How you would like to die: Instantly, after crashing into a tree while driving a very fast car.

The last time you punched someone: Like 15 years ago.

Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring?
No

What’s your Earliest Memory?
A Xuxa concert in 1990. I only remember the big screens in the stadium. According to my mom it’s impossible that I remember this since I was 2 years old, but I do.

When And Where Were You Happiest?
When all my family members were alive and I lived in my old house. But then again, I don’t think I’ve ever been as happy as I am now (as an adult). I haven’t thought about that until now. Feels weird.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5?
Tom Hiddleston dressed as Loki, Obama, Neil Gaiman, Klaus Mein, and JK Rowling.

What did Your Parents Do?
Owned a home appliances store.

How Do You Relax?
Playing videogames, lying down and staring at the ceiling, reading.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You:
I don’t like chocolate.
I care more about my local soccer team than about the national Paraguayan team. If they ever faced each other in a weird set of circumstances, I’d definitely cheer for my team. (Olimpia)
I don’t like Beyonce or the concept of brunch.

What brought me to Millarworld: I’ve been here lurking in the shadows for a while. I discovered this is by far the most fun and respectful comics community on the interwebs, and I want to participate in the annual writers contest. I uploaded some of the work I’ve been doing, and I love looking at what everyone else is doing. Seeing so much talent and drive gives me hope.

Name David
Age 32
Country Scotland
Fave Comics Ever V For Vendetta
Fave movies The Blues Brothers
How you would like to die Can’t really answer that here …
The last time you punched someone 2 years ago (they started it)
Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring? Nope

Name
Elliot ‘JerkMonger’ Fernandez

Country
US

Fave Comics Current
Anything Hellboy related

Fave Comics Ever
Jack Kirby’s New Gods

Fave movies
Raiders of the Lost Ark

Secret Crush
Cheese Cake…

How you would like to die
With clean underwear on…

The last time you punched someone
Never have

Could you be trusted with Green Lantern’s ring?
Probably

What brought you to Millarworld?
Honestly, the talent search

Good taste

Oops. Lotta people answering last year’s questions for some reason :slight_smile:

MM

I copied over a few from the last thread as they’d just posted in the last day or so. I’m sure the rest will answer the new questions. :smile:

Or be banned forever? :wink:

Name: Jim

DOB : June '75

Fave Comics Ever: Justice League International, Guardians of the Galaxy (before the movie), Marshal Law, Dragon’s Claws, Chrononauts, Empress, Infinity Gauntlet, Fraction Iron Fist, David Incredible Hulk, Aaron Thor, More than Meets the Eye

Last Good Comic You Read: Vision

Fave Movies Ever: Pirates of the Caribbean, Man of Steel, Unforgiven, Princess Bride, Guardians

Last Good Movie You Saw: The Martian

What’s your Earliest Memory? My Dad coming to get me when I’d climbed out of bed and waited for him in the hallway

When And Where Were You Happiest? Every day these days with my 1 year old son

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Chris Pratt, Tom Brady, Lebron, Arnie, The Rock.

What did Your Parents Do? Nurse and shop manager.

How Do You Relax? Chatting with friends, doing something creative.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I own a thousand action figures. I make lists of everything, including maintaining a top movies list. I’ve watched PTI pretty much every day for 15 straight years.

Name: Jacob Peter Fortier

DOB : End of March '95

Fave Comics Ever: Batman Year One, Johnathan Hickman’s Fantastic Four, Scott Snyder’s Batman, Kingdom Come, Old Man Logan, Annihilation Crossover

Last Good Comic You Read: Superior! Prep for sending my script in for the Millarworld Annual. I also LOVED Starlight which I read because I started preparing for last years entries, my mistake.

Fave Movies Ever: The Prestige, Scott Pilgrim vs the World, The Dark Knight, Captain America: Civil War, Children of Men, and Superman.

Last Good Movie You Saw: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, a classic. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.”

What’s your Earliest Memory? A hazy recollect of play the original Legend of Zelda early one spring morning.

When And Where Were You Happiest? Seeing my wife watch the Disneyworld fireworks on our honeymoon. There’s a reason they say that place is magical…

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Geoff Johns, Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo, Kevin Feige, and Kevin Smith.

What did Your Parents Do? Dance Teacher and Quality Control Management

How Do You Relax? I read comics! Hopefully becoming a comic book writer doesn’t ruin that for me haha. I also enjoy my fair share of YouTube and hanging out with my beautiful wife.

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: I didn’t like London when I visited it, which bums me out because I wanted to love it so bad. I’m in almost constant fear of having a heart attack due to family history and personal health. Meeting and starting to date the person who became my wife took me out of a three month depression. I haven’t been depressed ever since thanks to my wonderful wife and the support she gives. I love you honey.

I love Vision! I tried showing it to a friend who ended up getting creeped out by it :frowning:

Name: Ronnie

DOB : February

Fave Comics Ever: Blankets, All-Star Superman, Superior, Ultimates, Batman: Hush, Superman: Red Son, Action Comics #775, Uncanny X-Men #275, New Mutants #100, Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, For the Man Who Has Everything

Last Good Comic You Read: @bryanhitch’s Justice League of America

Fave Movies Ever: Man of Steel, Star Wars: A New Hope, Kingsmen, Kill Bill 2

Last Good Movie You Saw: Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Cut

What’s your Earliest Memory? Eating mini donuts with my mom in our front room. I remember being stingy and not sharing as much as I should. So that memory always has tinge of regret.

When And Where Were You Happiest? The day I married my wife.

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Mark Hamill, Kevin Smith, Mark Millar, Rob Liefeld, Jim Lee

What did Your Parents Do? Case worker and Ironworker

How Do You Relax? Reading comics, watching films, hanging out on Millarworld and spending time with my wife

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: At the end of a long fuse, I have a pretty horrible temper. I think Taylor Swift is an amazing musician and will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come in the music world. My middle name is Lynn.

Hehehe!

Hi to everyone and thanks to the landlord to accept me in his family.
Here we go to start.

Name: Cosimo Damiano Perrone

DOB : November 10th 1983 (Italy)

Fave Comics Ever: Dark Knight Returns, 300, Devil Man, V for vendetta

Last Good Comic You Read: The killing joke, One punch man

Fave Movies Ever: Fight Club ,The Godfather, The Gladiator, Matrix

Last Good Movie You Saw: The Deer Hunter

What’s your Earliest Memory? I’m singing the italian song of the cartoon Pinocchio: The Series, jumping on the bed with diaper

When And Where Were You Happiest? Really I don’t remember

Name Your Ideal Dinner Party of 5? Al Pacino, Tarantino, Mick Jagger, Alan Moore and Jesus

What did Your Parents Do? Municipal employees

How Do You Relax? Giving life to the creative process

Tell Us 3 Secrets About You: If I tell you it would be no more secrets