millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Box Office Mojo

It too.

With Michael Palin speaking the title at the beginning?

You’re missing the obvious.

IIT

You guys are crazy. The most obvious title is:

It: Chapter 2

2 It 2 Woo, in which Pennywise adopts the form of a murderous owl.

She-it, which recasts Pennywise as a female and pits her against Clay Davis.

IT 2: Electric Boogaloo

‘IT 2: This time IT’s personal!’

I think after the poor performance of The Mummy, Universal’s “Dark Universe” cinematic universe may be dying on the vine.

Entirely possible.

And a bit of a shame. These are stories that can work today, but they need to have a clear idea of what they really want, in terms of tone and direction?

But I’m sure, even if this reboot universe is not going to get made, we’ll see these characters return one day.

EDIT:
This popped up on twitter 3 minutes ago;

So what, in fact, is really happening???

It could be saved but they were dumb. The first outing essentially being all setup with no clear narrative.

I’m not sure where now but I just read that Bride will not be connected to Dark Universe anymore.

Without a doubt the winner by a landslide.

G-damn I wish I thought of it, but since I’m having people over for (Canadian) Thanksgiving I’ll work that in like it’s my own creation.

Wondering if I should’ve posted that. Damn near asking for drunken trainwreck…

Please feel free to pass it off as your own. :slight_smile:

I’m out so I’ll read that later, but I wonder about the conversations that take place before films are made?

My experience is after the fact, so I hear something that influenced by hindsight a lot of the time.

‘It’ is expensive for a horror film, and ‘Blade Runner 2049’ is about right for a big scifi movie, but one seems like a safer bet than the other.

I think both will do well over time though. They both deliver what their audience wants.

But one still cost several times more than the other one!

Blade Runner 2049 wouldn’t be a very faithful sequel to the original if it was an immediate commercial success, now would it?

Aye, let’s hold off judgment until the 20th anniversary Penultimate Cut.

Th article ticks the expected boxes, the film is too long, the plot is complicated and the marketing refused to “spoil” anything about it, to the point hat no-one was sure what angle the film was taking on the material?

The trailers and footage pushed out for Blade Runner 2049 are truly gorgeous. However, coming away from CinemaCon, rival marketing executives became suspicious over the footage shown during Sony’s presentation: Whenever a trailer sports dazzling visuals and lacks a hooking story line, studio marketing executives immediately smell a problem (case in point: Valerian and Ghost in the Shell). Either that, or the movie is too complex to craft a concise sales pitch in a two-minute spot.

–SNIP–

If that’s the marketing tactic, how did those behind Blade Runner 2049 expect to introduce a property to a new generation? “I think they tied it too close to the vest. Is everything a big spoiler?” remarked one rival studio marketing boss. While one can feasibly describe The Martian and Gravity in a sentence, some found it impossible to summarize Blade Runner 2049 coming away from the trailers: It was all robots, young cop and old cop.

…do people need more?
Is this what god hath wrought?