millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Black Panther - Discussion with SPOILERS

And everywhere else, I think.

Bleeding Cool have a list of the extras on the Blu-ray: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04/10/black-panther-4k-blu-ray-release/

• Director’s Intro
  • From Page to Screen: A Roundtable Discussion – Delve into the film’s making
  • Crowning of a New King – Explore the world of “Black Panther” in all its color and complexity
  • The Warriors Within – Get to know Wakanda’s women and the actors who portray them
  • The Hidden Kingdom Revealed – Wakanda’s diverse people
  • Wakanda Revealed: Exploring the Technology
  • Deleted Scenes including “U.N. Meet and Greet”, “Okoye And W’Kabi Discuss the Future of Wakanda”, “T’Challa Remembers His Father”, and “Voices from the Past”
  • Gag Reel
  • An exclusive sneak peek at “Ant-Man and The Wasp”
  • Marvel Studios the First Ten Years: Connecting the Universe
  • Director’s Commentary

Digital exclusives include:

• In World Wakanda Tourism Ads
  • Come to Wakanda “Before”
  • Come to Wakanda “After”

Those could be good, if the people making them have a satirical edge.

Ugh. I freaking hate “digital exclusives.”

Just put them on the damned disc and don’t make me log into a streaming service to watch them.

They’ll be on Youtube pretty quickly.

https://willow-s-linda.tumblr.com/post/171686061283/a-fan-animation-where-shuri-wants-real-life

Guess the thread is complete now that the Armond White review has been shared two months after the fact.

I, for one, am shocked–SHOCKED-- that the National Review did not dig Black Panther.

Armond White is to movie critics what Stephen was to Candyland.

I kind of feel like putting up a drama equivalent of “That’s the joke,” in response to those articles.

Wasn’t that what they were trying to show with the character and it’s the base reason to why Killmonger’s arguments make him the villain of the piece?

That’s what I took from it, a pastiche on woke characters from the 90s ghetto based hood movies who preach about change but fall into the trap of aiming to simply become another version of what they hate. It’s an alegory that exists in different cultures, too. T’Challa comes across as the better leader and man because he doesn’t have the same narrow view, despite understanding and empathizing with it.

Incidentally, on the radio IW trailer when T’Challa speaks I got an overwelming sense of comfort, the same type a character like Captain America would have instilled in me. I didn’t realize he’d become a character for me that could fill Caps shoes in these movies until I heard that we snippt of him saying “We do this for everyone,” or whatever the quote is. Black Panther obviously did a better job of selling him to me as a hero than I even realized.

I think I scared my cat cackling so loudly.

Yeah. I mean, it’s not like the movie is subtle about it. T’Challa says that he’s become “just like them” (meaning, the colonisers and oppressors).

Yeah, same here, also a bit to my surprise.

Black Panther is very close to overtaking the Last Jedi in the box office. I wonder if with the release of Infinity War BP will get a bump, from marathon showings.

It’s only $8M behind, it’ll easily catch up.

Yeah, and there’s this viral “watch them in order” checklist going around now that means people will place a premium on re-watching it right before next week.