Winds of Winter.

The Wolverine Trailer.

Spider-Man’s entrance in Civil War.

The motel room scene in Preacher.

Deadpool Opening

Iceman coming out.

Method Man’s Luke Cage cameo.

Daredevil’s staircase fight.

Lucille meet Glenn, Glenn, meet Lucille.

The death of Lucille.

*the ones I’ve up I’m using in an article I’m writing but I thought it would be a fun topic here, too. And, in the event that anyone comes up with any I’ve forgot and I really want to use them, I’ll give you a shout out and owe you a pint. To be fair, I have a terrible memory, so this could cost me a lot of rounds!

Dr Strange.

Martha.

Dr Strange.

1 Like

Booooo.

Tim stole my line. I immediately shouted MARTHA when I read the heading. (In my head I shouted Martha, but it was almost out loud).

Bucky’s motorcycle stunt. Bucky and Falcon in the Beetle. Bucky!

One of the best moments for me is something you haven’t seen yet. It involves snow and ____.

1 Like

Is this only for film/TV, or do comics count too?

1 Like

Anything within sort of geekdom, really.

I only have two comic book moments in my list because I feel they are maybe too spoilery based on so many people reading trades these days… I’m undecided on what way to go there… I don’t know why stuff like that feels more spoiler-filled, I suppose I’m aiming for a wide audience and many won’t read comic books issue by issue and that’s why.

But here, work away. Spoiler blurs are advised though, if needed.

On that note, thanks @garjones for catching that one I missed!

I know Al-X is playing catch-up on Game of Thrones so just in case. :wink:

1 Like

Westworld.

Martha.

Dr Strange.

1 Like

Blackstar. Even without Bowie’s death, it’s one of his best albums

2 Likes

Rebirth

Wonder Woman trailer 2

Fantastic return to the Wizarding World

:smiley:

1 Like

Uhm, with all the SW fans in here, I would’ve thought anyone but me would mention Vader :smile:

Another thing I didn’t like but a lot of people did: Stranger things… I’m sure there’s a memorable quote/scene or two from that…

Some of those on your list I wouldn’t really put into a “best of” list… Like the Wolverine trailer… it wasn’t thaaat good. However, the infamous Bohemian Rhapsody one for SS? Yup, that one was epic alright :smile: (I think it came out this year too).

I begrudgingly agree with the Martha thing, but only because the dumb internets turned into a meme. There were many other more memorable things in that movie (the Batman warehouse AA-style fight, for exemple), but eh… fair is fair…

Edit: Oh if you count videogames, there was a new Doom, Fallout 4 and that incredible mess that was No Man’s Sky… that one was quite memorable, but not in a good way =P

1 Like

So your memorable moments Jonathan were mostly things you didn’t like? :wink:

4 Likes

MARTHA.

Parker have you allowed for the possibility that this thread could very easily degenerate into people yelling Martha at each other? :wink:

The first Rogue One trailer.

Doctor Strange - I haven’t actually seen it yet, so it had better be Dr Strange.

2 Likes

The DC Rebirth special for sure.

2 Likes

Black Panther, Spider-Man and Giant-Man in Captain America: Civil War

Doctor Strange

1 Like

Millarworld Annual 2016
"Holy Shit!" -Spider-Man in “Civil War
"Happy International Woman’s day” - Vanessa in Deadpool
Mark plays football for first time in 17 years and scores a goal for Scottish Comic Creators Football Team (we lost 7-1)

5 Likes

The Batman warehouse fight scene.
The trailers for Rogue One.
Deadpool.

3 Likes

Providence is taking the win for the second year in a row, lads.

4 Likes

Huh? The book’s not out and you’ll be lucky to get it in 2017 - the show’ll probably end first.

1 Like

Ahh, but they be sneaky pilferers over at HBO and have used it already.

Edit: I had to blur the link as there is massive spoilers, for anyone who hasn’t seen it, in the link box.

Edit 2: Basically it says this before spoilers, if you don’t want to click on it.

“The Winds of Winter” is the tenth and final episode of the sixth season of HBO’s fantasy television series Game of Thrones, and the 60th overall. It was written by series co-creators David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, and directed by Miguel Sapochnik.

Ah, I see.

And, er, which is the “canon” version?

(He innocently says, knowing it’ll set off an internet conflagration to out-do a legion of Red Weddings.)

1 Like