millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Best artists I've yet to work with!

As you know, I’m spoiled. I’ve worked with literally the best there is, especially over the last eighteen months with the like of Quitely, Capullo, Immonen, etc. But I’ve always had a bucket list and keen to score them off as nothing makes me happier than a genius artist.

I’m two weeks from finishing a new series I’m launching in April and want somebody incredible for it. Like I said, I’ve been spoiled and I only have time for eighteen comics a year so my indulgence is getting the very best of the best. As you know, our deal is off the scale good and there’s nobody at Marvel or DC we haven’t been able to get (unless they’re under contract or in the middle of another project). So who should I snap up next?

Note: Travis, Ryan Sook and Adam Hughes are all either busy or too slow for this big series I have a very definite launch date for so please no endless posts suggesting them. I know they’re amazing, but they’re also unavailable :slight_smile:

So who are you thinking? I love the idea of each of my books being in quite a different style and this genre is horror, though it’s broad enough to cover a couple of other genres too. It would suit a lot of different styles, but someone who can handle the dark is ideal.

Any thoughts?

MM

3 Likes

For horror, I love the idea of Francesco Francavilla.

10 Likes

Jae Lee

3 Likes

I’d love to see what you or Doc Shaner could cook up

I would love to see some of David Choe’s art in the comic world. His water colours are incredible.

2 Likes

Mikel Janin is awesome and seems to be pretty fast.

http://www.mikeljanin.com/

3 Likes

Gabriel Hernandez Walta’s work on The Vision was great.

5 Likes

I am a huge fan of Francavilla. They’re one of a select few artists which I will buy any comic they lend their talents to. I just love their style so much. I would be extremely excited to see them team up with the Chief, especially for a horror comic. Excellent recommendation.

2 Likes

I’d like to see you collaborate with Alex Ross since you love Kingdom Come so much. But I guess he’s more of a personal projects guy. Besides, he’s better at drawing the iconic characters, I don’t know if he would fit in a Millarworld project, but I’d certainly like to see him doing something.

As for the realistic possibilities, of course the amazing Evan “Doc” Shaner!

2 Likes

Also, I’d like to add, there’s this new guy on town called Stjepan Sejic. He seems to be climbing to top dog in DC and he’s currently doing Aquaman. He’s amazing.

6 Likes

Sejic’s not new, he’s been around for a decade, just not on Marvel/DC stuff. He did a load of Top Cow work for years, and has had his own BDSM/romance webcomic, Sunstone, running since 2011.

He’s great though.

5 Likes

Sorry, with “town” one can’t help but always refer to the big two stuff. My mistake :wink:

1 Like

I love this suggestion.

I always had loved Stjepan Sejic art. He is ((unknown)) because he didn’t do much work for the big 2 except some covers . His art especially when he had contract to draw only Top Cow titles was amazing and for me his art was the most catching eye art in that period . He is extremely fast in art when its needed and incredibly detailed when they give him time . Everyone worked with him in comics describe him as the most easy person to work with. His web comic has more than 23 million page views and it was just for his fun while he was working. I have much of his art but I really can’t pick what is the best to upload here. He is also very good at writing . He is able to change his art style very easy . That man is a monster :smiley: . And sorry I don’t know him in person I am just one of his followers in his deviant art page but for me is the most underrated artist in comics. I am happy he start to get the attention of a bigger fun base.

2 Likes

Mike Mignola has been drawing horror for over 20 years; just as importantly, he has the same initials as you.

6 Likes

Richard Corben.

EDIT: He’s kind of an obvious suggestion for a horror book but his work’s pretty under the radar these days and working with Mark could open him up to a whole new audience/generation.

4 Likes

Mike Del Mundo, 100%.

5 Likes

Oh damn, didn’t see that the genre was horror -

Fernando Blanco did great work on the recent Phantom Stranger run.

1 Like

Mike Dowling. He’s improving with each project.

1 Like

@DIZEVEZ…Just sayin’

3 Likes