millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Avengers: Infinity War SPOILER Thread

Stormbringer: Sharp

Thor: Not as sharp as Stormbringer

:open_mouth:

You need to get on that payday jazz cabbage because you’re just typing nonsense now.

And I don’t like the Led Zep III album cover, either!

That implies he hasn’t been typing nonsense prior to this.

Touche.

If he really wanted to be effective, he would’ve skipped Wakanda, gone straight to Marvel Studios and cut off Feige’s head instead.

Cut off one Feige’s head and two more shall take its place.

I dunno man, if Thor had been there in the big Iron Man/Guardians/Strange/Thanos fight, they probably would’ve managed pulling the damn glove off his hand. Splitting up your resources maybe isn’t the best move in this kind of scenario.

(And yes, I do realise that no, they wouldn’t have beaten him because that’s the arc of the movie, but Jonny started this, damnit!)

I can’t help but think if they had only started tickling Thanos it would have gotten them the distraction necessary to get the gauntlet.

That’s where I think Stark deserves some of the blame along with Quill. It was his hesitation in contacting Cap and the other Avengers, and instead attempting to go off on his own to face Thanos that kept them split up, ultimately allowing Thanos to get all of the stones.

Well, to be fair he only hesitated for a second and then the battle came to him. And even if he had managed to contact them, they wouldn’t have reached him in time for it to change the outcome. It was like fifteen minutes from him about to make the phonecall to him on the spaceship. And Doc Strange is the only one who can teleport.

If there had been any other way of them winning, Strange would have seen it when he went and checked all the possible futures. The film tells us this. We know he picked the only path where they won, so now we just have to wait and see how that win plays out in part two.

(Which does rather negate the suspense somewhat. :slight_smile: )

By the way - pet peeve! - I hate it when they exaggerate numbers in these things too much. He said he checked, what, one and a half million or so? Now, he’s not the Flash, so even if he looked at each scenario only for one second, this would have taken him about half a month. It’s more likely that just to understand what is going on there, you have to look at it for like half a minute, which means it should’ve taken him years.

Okay, yeah, I know, so he’s not The Flash, but he’s magic so maybe he sped things up because you can do anything with magic. But even then, his brain still has to do the work, so subjectively he spent about two years doing nothing but this. Which should have driven him insane, really.

They could’ve said, I don’t know, twelve thousand. Twelve thousand to one are still impressively bad odds.

I dunno, I thought it worked pretty much the same way as the end of the Dr Strange movie with Dormammu. Part of the fun of it is that he’s put in such an insane amount of time and work into it, in what feels like seconds for everyone else.

It was 16 million.

Christian - he’s wearing the TIME stone!

But like I said, that doesn’t change the mental time he has to spend purely on comprehending what he’s seeing!

And apparently it was 14 million. I checked on the net and skipped a zero.

So that would mean he’d have spent about twenty years of subjective time on this. I mean, come on!

I dunno, I thought it worked pretty much the same way as the end of the Dr Strange movie with Dormammu. Part of the fun of it is that he’s put in such an insane amount of time and work into it, in what feels like seconds for everyone else.

I’m just saying, twelve thousand scenarios would’ve been an insane amount (and that’s the kind of number I’d assumed for the Strange movie, too). 14 million is an impossible amount. You can’t do that without going crazy, you just can’t. Just try to count to 14 million. See what your mind looks like when you’ve hit the first million.

I know, I know. It’s a movie about magic people and superheroes in which a giant purple dude wants to kill half the universe with a gauntlet with magic stones, and this is what goes beyond my personal suspention of disbelief.

I did say it was a pet peeve :slight_smile:

In ‘Doctor Strange 2’ he can go see a doctor to help his mental instability, caused by over-using the time stone.

I mean, 30 years is apparently the time Phil spent repeating Groundhog Day, and during that time, he went off his rocker and back again. But he at least could get some variety in his day. And didn’t have to watch himself get killed 14 million times.